Monday, February 9, 2009

the one about sugar cookies

The other day, Brett and Quayd decided they wanted sugar cookies. I love to bake, I love to make cookies and I love to make my two favorite boys happy, but I HATE making sugar cookies. Seriously, I despise it. Here are some of the reasons why I hate it so bad.
1. They make a HUGE mess
2. I hate cookie cutters (that is why mine are always round)
3. Everybody always says they will help, but after a few minutes, I am left alone to not only finish the cookies, but also to clean up the mess
4. I hate that they are so delicious that I make my self sick eating the dough
5. I hate that they are so delicious that I make my self sick eating the cookies
6. I hate that my frosting is so yummy that I can't leave that alone either

You get the idea.

Anyway, I told Brett that he and Quayd could make them, but he whined that he didn't know how. I made him a deal that I would make the dough and frosting, but they could do all of the yucky stuff. They agreed. And I have to hand it to them. They did a great job. Quayd stuck it out for quite awhile and they even cleaned up the mess! It was great. Aren't they cute!?!?!

2 comments:

Leisa said...

Me Too!!! I HATE, HATE making sugar cookies. My two girls wanted to make some on Sunday, and I told them they could if I could have absolutley NOTHING to do with it. It almost happened that way.

Mama Bear said...

I feel the same way about sugar cookies for the same reasons. Your family is so cute, I love you guys to pieces!