Saturday, February 14, 2009

the one about the octuplets

Ok. I don't ever care what any of you write about on your blogs. Happy, sad, annoyed or even if you are mad at the world. I read it all, respect it and totally enjoy it! I, however, try not to use my blog as a venting tool. Just a personal choice. No biggie. But today, that is going to change. I just read my buddy Ramanda's blog and it made me want to shout out the fire within me concerning a certain topic.

Let's talk octuplets. Certainly you have heard the story of this crazy woman, a single mom, in California who gave birth to the 8 babies, while already having 6 children. Yah you know the story. Here is my take on it.

Brett and I are a normal (sorta) couple. We are not wealthy. We live paycheck to paycheck. We don't exercise very often and we don't have good eating habits. We are not the best when it comes to Church and spiritual stuff. My house is seldom spotless, and if it is, it is because I have hired someone to clean it. Sometimes, when I am lazy, I wear a pair of pants for a few days in a row so I don't have to wash them. I don't always flush the toilet when I make a #1. We are just simple people trying to survive in this crazy world. I know we aren't the best parents in the world. We make many mistakes, but I will guarantee that no child has ever been loved more by his parents than Quayd. When we found out that we could not have anymore children, we were devastated. We knew there was nothing more that we could do about it, so we better just make the best of it. We have found everything positive in our situation and we don't complain very often. We realize that these are the cards we were dealt. We would not trade Quayd for ANYTHING! But, my heart breaks everyday when I see how loansome Quayd is. I wish more than anything that my body would allow me to give him a sibling. And I know that Brett never wanted to be the father of one. I feel so inadequate and like such a disapointment when he talks about wanting another baby. We have looked into adoption, unfortunately, the cost is so high it is unrealistic for us. I feel like it would be unfair to Quayd and selfish of us to use our "everyday" money for that. Anyway, getting to my point... I think that this woman is horribly selfish and has put her wants and desires for the spotlight ahead of all of the children, her parents and everyday people... just like us. The government will support her and her children forever. They will always have food, health care and their needs will be met. However, they will never get the love and attention that each one of those 14 children deserve. I would love to have 14 Quayds. I would love to have two!! But I realize how special one Quayd is and that makes me perfectly happy. But this issue of the octuplets INFURIATES me to the core. It makes me think that this world is just not fair. I deal with feelings of guilt, anger, heartbreak, sorrow and inadequacy, every single day. While this selfish B#@%& has, now 14, children that she cannot possibly care for. All for her moment in the spotlight.

Please... I don't want sympathy!!! That is not why I posted this. I don't want advice. I get that everyday. "You know you could adopt." Yes, thank you. We know that. "It's time for Quayd to have a brother or sister!" Yes, it is time for that. It was time for that about 5 years ago.

Really, I am fine. Now I have vented and I feel TONS better.

Ramanda did awesome, by the way. If you are interested, click here.

10 comments:

Leisa said...

When I had heard of this mother having 8 babies, I really didn't have an opinion one way or another. Then I watched an interview on TV with her. I felt the same way you do. How can a mother be so selfish? I hear she and has gone into hiding since that TV interview. Go figure.....

Michele and Wyatt said...

I agree. I think it is so wrong what this mother has done. Very selfish and stupid.

Kandice said...

I thought of you....and many other VERY deserving people who deserve to have kids when I saw that weirdo lady on TV...It just isn't fair...and I am angry for you, and all the others like you.
You are a great mommy...think of how lucky your little guy is to have you. I am envious of you a lot that you get to pay 100% attention to just him, that is so special! Trying to be 3 moms is really not the funnest some days, but I try my best.
Love ya, miss ya, hope you had a good valentines day!

Josh and Kristen said...

Um, I am totally unaware. I knew of some lady that had 8 babies, but I had no idea that she had six other kids already! WHAT THE HECK? I don't blame you for venting. I am going to have to look this up online. CRAZY lady! Quayd is lucky to have such a good set of parents!

Anonymous said...

You did such a good job writing this - I feel the exact same way! What really irritated me was when, in an interview, she said something like "I am just fixated on having children". It made me want to shake her.

Chauntue Peterson said...

I was watching this on Dr. Phil the other day and I couldn't believe it either. The lady is compleatly selfish but the Dr. must have been a moron also to alow it. You need back ground checks and all sorts of things to adopt but nothing to do what she did. I would like to know how she paid for it!!!!! Also what pissed me off was that during the whole two shows Dr. Phil did on it not once was anything mentioned about giving them up for adoption because she will not be able to take care of them

Megan said...

Someone was just telling me this story the other day... Lasha's mom Jen... I can't believe that. You know, I feel the same in a lot of ways. I think one of the reasons I only have one child is because I see how many children need me everyday in the classroom because they don't get the love and support they should at home.
That Quayd is one lucky boy.
Thanks for your help at the party by the way...

Ramanda said...

Maybe if enough people get upset about this stuff, things will change for the better. It is sad that she has ruined it for deserving people. In my perfect world babies like that would go to people like you and Brett!

Mandy, you don't give yourself enough credit. You are just absolutely incredible!! I love your face!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Love ya... I agree 100%

Mama Bear said...

I pray everyday for a relationship with Konner like you and Quayd have. He is such a special little boy and he has some pretty special parents too. I feel the same way about psycho mommy, she needs to think of her kids sometime.