Monday, November 19, 2007

the one about being thankful

Can I just say......? I love Thanksgiving. I really do. I love the feeling of it all. The family, the love, the food (of course), the cooking, the smells, and I even kinda like the football. Don't tell Brett though. He gets too excited when I say positive things about football. I don't want to give him any ideas. Anyway, fall is my favorite season too. I just really love this time of year. Even though we are entering the ugly part of fall, I still love it.

I have so much to be thankful for, too. I am really extra blessed and I am sorry for all of you because I know I have it better than all of you. Sorry. It's true. I have the very best child in the entire world. It doesn't get any better than him. I have the best husband. I have the best friends. I have the best grandparents ever. My mom is the best. My mother-in-law and the rest of my in-laws are the VERY best! I love my big brother and all of my brother and sister in-laws and my sweet nephews. I have the cutest car. I have the greatest cat. And even though it is still new and not really super permanant, I love my new job as a substitute teacher. I subbed again today, first graders. LOVE IT! They were super great. I also feel like I have the best calling in the whole world. Some my disagree, but I am the Sunbeams teacher (3-4 year olds) and I just love it. I am also the enrichment leader, and I am starting to love that. Sorta.

I am not super thankful for this though.... one cute little girl in my class totally puked all over the playground. Raunchy. I ate school lunch with my class today and I saw everything I ate on the black asphault. I nearly lost my own. But I had to be super tough and tone down the gag reflexes. I got her to the bathroom, cleaned up a little bit and another teacher came to my rescue to take her to the office. I had to get back to the playground because I was on recess duty. Then I had to sit there and look t it because the custodian was busy. Ohhh, it gets worse... there was this other super cute girl in my class who was jumprope-ing right in the middle of the puke. the jump rope was spreading it all over. All of the kids were crazy facinated with the vomit. I have never seen anything like it. Seriously, it took all I had not to lose my own lunch. Just thinking about it is getting me a little sick.

So, my mother-in-law called last night to see if we would all like to go to dinner and a movie. Of course I jumped on the opportunity! We went to wingers and I had a burger. It was so good. then we went to Fred Clause. It was sorta corny, but cute. I really quite like "corny." Gleneita does too, so we often like to hit the retarded movies. It takes every ounce of begging I have to get Brett to a movie, so I thought that if I threw in the "your mom is loanly" card, he might budge. He did. And he was a good sport. I think he hated it actually, but he didn't complain. Quayd LOVED it and Gleneita and I thought it was good. we went to BEE Movie a few weeks ago, and Quayd got invited to a Birthday party this weekend where we will watch it again. Sounds good to me! He is my movie buddy. Well, no, Janice and Kandice are my REAL movie buddies. We go see all of the chick flicks. But Quayd is pretty good company too and he likes it when we can say we are going on a "date."

I am just feeling really grateful today. My heart is super full and I just really love my life. I wish I could tell everyone on a personal level just how I feel about them and how much they have enriched my life, but I am not that good with words. I feel like I add too many "likes," "maybe this sounds dumb's" and "I'm sorry's" in my conversations. Anyway, to all of my friends, family and readers, I love you! Thank you for making my life so easy and special. I am the luck, luckiest girl.... in the world!!!!

No comments: