Sunday, November 4, 2007

the one about ice skating

Last evening, Gibler and I went to Maurices to spend my Birthday gift certificates. (Thanks Janni and Talia!) I got two pair of pants and two shirts. Gibbie got pants, a shirt some lotion and perfume. When I got home, Brett got a wild hair to go ice skating. He had already asked Brayden and Brennen and they were ready to go! I really pretty much hate ice skating. I did skate a lap though, then I got behind the camera. I am much more comfortable there. Uncle Gary brought Eli and Amelia. He doesn't skate either so I sat and visited with him. This was Brayden, Brennen and Quayds first time on the ice and I have to brag! They all three did AWESOME! The two little boys got skates that attach to your shoes and they have two blades. They worked it! I was so proud. The other Braden was there too and he helped all of the boys. It was so much fun. I have to tell a funny thing that Quayd said, though. He had come off the ice by Gary and I and took off his ice skates. Instantly, he wanted them back on. Brett had come over too, and Quayd asked dear old dad to re-attach the skates. Brett said, "No, I'm going to skate." So I told him to come over to me and I would put them on. Gary and I were just talking away as I did my work. Suddenly, Quayd said, "Thanks mom. You are the best mom ever." I thanked him, loved on him and told him that he was the best son ever. Then he looked at Gary and said, "Gary, you are the best Grandpa ever." Gary is totally not a grandpa yet. It was so funny, but so sweet. Ok, now I will let the pictures tell the story.




It was a huge change from the days earlier activities. We took Quayd's four-wheeler and let him ride for a few hours. It was so nice and sunny. It was t-shirt weather, then we had to bundle up to go ice skating. What a fun day, though. We are so blessed to live in a time and place where we can take a whole day and just have fun. Besides being a Mother, being an Aunt is my greatest gift.

No comments: