Friday, November 30, 2007

the one about a letter to Santa

Soooooooo, what do you think of my new layout? Cute, huh. I am very impressed. My friend, Stephanie did it for me. She is Janice's sister in-law. Her blog is super cute so I asked her how to do it. She sent me this big long email about how to change it, and is all I got out of it was:

BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlah click this BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlah select that BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah it's super easy BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah but if you want me to do it for you, I will. BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah

Well, the only thing I read was the part about, "I will do it for you." Bless you, Steph. I totally love it. You did a great job. I feel like I owe you something. I am a computer idiot, but anything else you need or want.... YOU GOT IT!
I have to tell you this super cute story... The other day, I went into a cute little store in town that my brother and his wife own. I wanted to get a few new things for my Christmas tree. I saw this super cute ornament that says, "Letters to Santa." You roll up your letter and stuff it inside. I just loved it and thought it would be cute on my red tree. I bought it and left it in the sack until I was ready to decorate. When I got ready to put it on my tree, I noticed there was a paper inside. I must have assumed that it was supposed to be there at first, but upon looking, I couls see it had handwriting on it. I pulled it out and realized it was a letter. It said:
Dear Santa,
I have been good.
Anika Joye Bolton


So then I assumed (and you know what happens when you assume!) it was part of the decoration, but I recognized the name signed on it. DUH! It is my friend Cara's daughter, and Cara works for Brandon and Danette in their store. Well I was so excited when I realized what I had in my posession and what power I now hold to make this sweet little girl's Christmas a little bit more magical. I have since written a little letter of my own.

Dear Anika,
I was shopping in Vernal last weekend and I visited a store called The Country Bear. I was trying to find some special gifts for all of the good Mommy’s and Daddy’s on my list. Well, I noticed an ornament on a Christmas tree that said, “Letters to Santa.” I thought I could see something inside, and I was right! It was a letter from YOU!!! I just wanted to let you know that I have been watching and I know that you have been a very good girl. I know you are doing very well at school at Discovery Elementary. I have also been watching your big brother, Riley and baby sister, Heber and I know they are great kids too. You are all right at the top of my good list. My elves are working on something really special just for you this Christmas. Please continue to be a good girl and take good care of your family. Do you want to know something else? I LOVE YOU!!!!!! Have a Merry Christmas and I hope you like what I bring for you.

Love,
Santa

I am mailing it today. If you know Cara, please don't tell her. I want it to be a secret for as long as I can, but it was just to good not to pass on to my blog friends.

I do need to cut this short because I am subbing today and I need to finish getting ready, then wake up prince charming and get him off to school. He is going to Taylors today to ride the bus to school with her. He is SO excited. He loves his Taylor.

3 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

So cute what fun to do that for a little girl and i know her from taylors dance a few years ago she is a good girl and she will love it. Cara will freak too

Hope said...

Mandy,

I love your new layout. I've seen other blogs with the cute 'SCRAPBOOK' look and wondered how to do them, but I am like you: All I see is "blah, blah, blah". Do you think your friend Stephanie would help me do mine that way, too???

Just kidding.
(Sort of.)

Love,
Hope

P.S. What a good "Santa's helper" you are!

Tari said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! Your so creative I would never think to do something like that! You'll have to let us know what happens if they ever find out it's you