Sunday, December 2, 2007

the one about losing my wedding ring at our photo shoot

I have so many things to blog about , but the one thing really pressing on my mind is this. I lost my wedding ring. I can't believe it. I really lost it. It's gone.

Here is the story.... For our yearly Christmas cards, we like to add a snap shot of either Quayd, or all of us together. We decided to go to this cute little park area in town and snap some shots in the new fallen snow. I thought it would look great in the dark. (Actually I knew it would look great because me and my girlfriends took some practice shots there on girls night out on Friday. You will see in the next day or two when I post those pictures.) We have a GREAT friend, Lindsay, who does our pictures for us. She lives close by, so we called to see if we could steal her for a second to take some pics. She was so kind to come and do it for us. She is a great sport. Anyway, she snapped away as we posed and played together in the snow. She had just told us we had 4 pictures left, so we got this idea to do snow angels in the snow. We all laid down and took our positions. Snap, snap, two great shots. I stood up and was shivering so badly, and I quickly rubbed my hand together to warm them and I felt it slip. Yep. Right then and there, my ring was gone. I said, "Stop right there!! I lost my ring!!!" So I even know exactly when and where it happened. Lindsay offered to stay and help, but we hated to bug her and keep her from her family any longer. I took her home and got our snow shovel, flashlights, warm water, a candle lighter thing, gloves, a dust pan, and everything else I could quickly think of to grab. Well we searched for 2 1/2 hours and finally the fog was setting in so thick we could see anymore. Besides, we were freezing!!!! I had taken Quayd over to my brother's so he didn't have to endure the pain. I also remembered that Brandon had a metal detector. We tried that for awhile, but no luck. I am sure you are thinking, "Are you sure you had it on?" YES! I am sure. I even have the photos to prove it.


Can you see it there? On my left hand? Well it was right after this picture that I stood up and felt it slip away. It shouldn't be THAT hard to find, right? NOT!!!

I will try again when it is warmer, brighter, and meltier. Dang it.

Well here are a few more pics of the night. It was fun.



And the winner is..... this is the one you will see on our Christmas Cards.....


Wish us luck on our search. I have realized over the last 24 hours that I LOVE my ring. I always thought it was great and pretty and all, but I truly love it. I miss it. Another ring wouldn't replace it. Brett picked that ring out for me and I have had it for almost 10 years! It's not the biggest ring in the world, but to me, it is the prettiest. I hope we find it. To be continued.........

4 comments:

Kandice said...

I feel so bad about your ring. I will help you find it. I have excellent eyes. I will scratch through that snow until my fingers bleed...lol. j/k. BUt, I would help search. Let me know.

Janice {Run Far} said...

That sucks so bad... I love the pictures though. Might have to copy you and take some similar. I have been asking Lindsey to do our pictures for a while and just can't seem to get it together enough to make an appointment.. now i will those are super cute

Hope said...

I am so sad for you! When Halle was just about 18 months old, she picked my ring off the table while I was doing dishes and unbeknownst to me put it in some pans in a cupboard. I didn't find it for over a week and was DEVASTATED! I didn't want a new one. Nothing could replace it. I'd rather go without than not have the ring my husband placed on my finger that special day. I am crossing my fingers and thinking good thoughts that you will come across it. Here's an encouraging story: my mom-in-law lost her ring a while back and for nearly a year refused to get a new one, when BAM! One day she was cleaning out her hot pad drawer and wouldn't you know it? It had been in there the entire time! Good luck!

Wonderland Girl said...

LET ME HELP!!!!!!
WHEN YOU GO OVER NEXT TIME PLEASE CALL ME!!!!!!