Thursday, December 20, 2007

the one about my nativity set


I know I have already posted today, but I wanted to talk about this too, and thought it deserved its own title and entry.

I have never had a nativity set of my own. Mostly, because I have known what I want and wasn't willing to settle for less. And the one I want, the willow tree set, is WAY to expensive for me to justify buying.

So the other day, I was out Christmas shopping and saw this one. I LOVE IT!! It looks alot like the willow tree set I have coveted for so long, but it was super lots cheaper. I do feel like I had to settle, but I am perfectly happy about it. I totally love this awesome nativity! Isn't it beautiful? I put it on my kitchen table so I could sit there and stare at it. I do it everytime I go into the kitchen. I just look at it and think about how it must have been that night.

I love to think about Mary and how she must have felt knowing she was carrying the Savior. I love the song, "Mary did you know?" Did she know that when she kissed her baby boy, she was kissing the face of God? And that he would one day walk on water, and heal the sick, and die for our sins? Our primary president asked me to help her in sharing time this coming Sunday and bring a Chrismas item or something and tell the kids why I love it so much and how it makes me thankful for Christmas. I instantly knew what I was going to do. I am going to take a baby picture of Quayd and now that I have a new nativity set, I am going to take the piece of Mary holding her precious baby. I am going to tell the kids how much I love Mary and her sacrifice. That being a Mother has made me realize just how much Heavenly Father and Jesus love me. I went through a big ordeal getting my baby boy here, and I am grateful every single day for the whole experience. My son is the most precious gift I could ever ask for.

Quayd asked me the other day what I want for Christmas, and I told him that I already have everything I want and need. And I do. I have a great husband who loves me, I have the knowledge of the Savior, I have a great family and in-laws, and I have the most perfect, wonderful, beautiful, amazing, smart, awesome son in the world.

And now I have a beautiful Nativity set.

Merry Christmas to me!!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I also love that song Mary did you know. I need to get it on cd, because everytime I hear it (not near enough) I just stop and think like you, how it was that night. Your nativity set is beautiful! Thank you for such a good post!

Hope said...

The song that always gets me is "Breath of Heaven". Poor Mary--carrying such a load, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, at such a young age. She had to have been the most remarkable woman!

Also, your set is so similar to Willow Tree. I actually thought it was at first. What a good find!