Thursday, December 20, 2007

the one about tampons

OK, don't be alarmed by my title. This is not going to be anything gross. So keep reading...

I was looking online a few months ago and somehow came across a website where they made crafts out of tampons. I was looking around the site and giggling a little bit about the funny things they made. So a few days ago, I was thinking of something clever I could do for my friends and remembered the funny crafts. So then I wondered what I could do on my own... I pondered and thought about it for a couple of days and finally came up with this. I made some for a few friends and some of the friends I have made while substituting at Quayd's school. I gave them to everyone that was involved in the "condom" incident. By the way, I guess the teacher put the condom in an envelope and sent it home to the kids parents!!! Anyway, the tampon was quite a hit. I am quite proud of myself. I made 16 and I just give them to whoever I happen to see, so if you didn't get one, please don't be offended. Maybe I could make one every year and they could become a series. I wonder if Halmark is interested in adding them to thier "Keepsake" collection. Here is another picture of all of the ones that I made.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH

MY

GOSH

I LOVE you Mandy! You are hilarious! And I think you definitely need to make these ornaments a tradition. It’s something everyone would look forward to getting every year. In fact - I think you need to dedicate a tree to them. You have your big tree, Quayd's tree, your outdoorsy tree, and now I think you need to add a Tampon tree. You are so creative!

Kristi said...

That is so funny mandy! I can't believe you made such cute santa's out of tampons! I seriously can't believe how cute they are!

Tari said...

Your so funny! I only wish I could be as creative and funny as you!

Hope said...

You are hilarious! Always have been, and from the looks of things, always will be!

I'm curious...I can't tell from the picture what their faces are made of. Did you just paint part of the cotton to look like a face? And where did you get the tiny little Santa hats.

What kind of tag could you include with those? "Have yourself an absorbant little Christmas?"

Thanks for the smile you gave me, as always!
HOPE