Monday, December 24, 2007

the one about Christmas Eve

So here I sit, unable to sleep on Christmas Eve. I think I am more excited that Quayd. Ok, probably not. But I am so excited for him to see his stuff. I couldn't sleep, so I got up to peek and see if Santa had come yet. He did! This is what he left for Quayd. Let me tell you about a few of the things he asked Santa for. (He is so funny!) He really wanted an electric pencil sharpener. I just thought that was so cute! They have one at school, and he just really feels like we need one at home. Last year, he was the same way about a Chi-a Pet. He also wanted some Chevron cars for his collection, and there are a few new Disney Cars, cars that he didn't have and he wanted those. He also wanted some Legos and a pirate ship. So it looks like Santa brought a Lego pirate ship. Way to go Santa! I love the wood fire truck and guns. Quayd will totally think that Santa made those special in his workshop.

So there you go. A sneak peek at what Santa left for my Quayder Bug.

We had a great party tonight with my family. It is our tradition to do a big Christmas Eve thing. It was at my Grandma and Grandpa's and Brandon, Danette and the boys came, and my mom too. We had a delicious dinner; turkey, ham, my famous funeral potatoes, rolls, green bean casserole and some other goodies. Then we exchanged gifts with Ga and Pop. I am SO excited!!! I got a super nice KitchenAid mixer. I have wanted one for years, and I finally got it! YaHOo! My sweet Grandpa built a Lego table for Quayd. I was going to buy one, but mentioned it to him, and he was excited to build it for "Bubba." (That is what he calls Quayd.)

I had some drama today with some of the things I ordered for Quayd online. I ordered it weeks ago and payed extra for 2-day shipping. I won't go into the boring details, but it had been on the delivery woman's truck for several days. She just hadn't got to it yet. ERRRRRRRR!!! I was so mad! It got me all upset and flustered. I spent my whole day trying to track down this dang box. So finally at 6:00, and with a little help from my hero, Kristen, I got the package. It was not delivered to my house though, Brett has to meet the delivery truck at the Maeser 7-11. Kristen totally saved Christmas for me! A big shout out to her. I knew her brother worked for this shipping company and with a little help from Kandice, we talked to Kristen and she talked to her brother. Thank you so much Kristen. Really. And you too, Kandice. And Janice & Talia, thanks for driving around looking for the truck for me. I love you all so much!

After I had all of that stress, I was just so worked up and I started to think about how different Christmas will be without my Father-In-Law. I started crying and I just couldn't stop. I feel so terrible that we will still be doing our fun family stuff, and he is down in a cold snowy hole. I do know that it is just his body in that awful hole, but it just makes me so sad to think about.

Then in the middle of that big breakdown, my mom called me and asked me to come over to her house that she had a special gift for me. I went over and she gave me the greatest thing. She knows how sad I have been about losing my ring. She wore my Grandma's ring when she was married to my ex-step-dad, Ray. She still had the ring. She talked to my Grandma and they decided to give it to me. I love it. It's not MY ring, but it is the next best thing. It is so me. It is actually sorta similar to my ring. It fits me perfectly. I don't need to have it sized or anything. It is very antique looking and I just love it. I am so happy. Of course, that really set my emotions into over drive again, so I seriously cried for most of the late afternoon. Then when I got my package I finally settled down. I am still feeling that quiver thing in my throat you get when you have been crying. But I am feeling better. Tomorrow will be interesting.

When we came home from our party, Quayd frosted some cupcakes for Santa. He thought Santa might be getting sick of cookies, so he wanted to leave cupcakes. Yes, that is a parrot beside him. He really wanted Squakers McCaw for Christmas, and my Grandma gave it to him. It is so funny. Annoying, but funny. Pop was so funny at our party tonight. He was holding Squakers on his arm and talking to it and it would totally talk back. It was hilarious.

It is such a pretty night tonight. It is snowing a lot. But not like blizzard snow. Just peaceful, gentle, beautiful snow. I love it. I love Christmas and I am so glad it is finally here. This sounds a little scrooge-ey, but I am SO ready for it to be over. As I was staring out into the beautiful winter sky, I thought of Mary. On that quiet night. Giving birth to the most special baby in the world. It must have been the most spiritual thing ever. I wish I could have been there. Thank you, sweet Mary. Thank you to my sweet friends and family who read my blog. I love you all so much. Your love and support means everything to me. Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Tari said...

I knew you would be the first to post. and not because you don't have anything better to do:) I just wanted to peak and see how you Christmas went. Looks like Quayd made a haul. Love you, were going to go to Frans house and watch home videos of thier family to remember John. Maybe that would make you feel better. It's better to think of them the way they were here than in a big snowy hole.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

I love that Quayd got an electric pencil sharpener! That Santa is pretty awesome, and from the looks of it Quayd was a VERY good boy this year! I just got a KitchenAid, too! Make sure you go to their website and send off for their free recipe book! You'll have so much fun with it! I'm also so happy that you got a new ring, and one that has a special meaning to you.