Monday, December 24, 2007

the one about the Galley party

Oh my heck. Our Galley family party was so much fun. It is always so much fun when we all get together. Rhonda was in charge this year and she had a GREAT idea! We had an ugly Christmas sweater/outfit contest. I made elf costumes for Brett, Quayd and I. They were kinda cute. The only picture I have of us all together is this one of the Lane family. By the time we took this picture, Santa had already come by and brought PJ's for the kids, so Quayd was half elf, half pajama. And I was the only one still wearing my awesome shoe covers. I worked so hard on them, and they were so cool! As you can see, not all of us were as excited to dress up as others. It was so fun though. Gleneita had a lovely sweater and spandex combo, Talia looked like a hostess at a restaurant, and Brynn.... well, Brynn.... I don't even know what to say about Brynn!!! she had a tree skit for a skirt, and HUGE bow in her hair to accentuate her big bangs, and to top it all off, she had lingerie over the whole ensemble.

As I mentioned, Santa came. Quayd was so excited to see him! He ran right up and gave him a huge hug. No fear in that boy! By the way, Quayd is pretty sure that was the real Sant because his beard was kind of yellow-ish, like real hair. Not bright white like the special "Santa Helpers." I think he is right.

We had a wonderful roast beef and mashed potato dinner. It was heavenly. We also played some games. This is the kids playing a fun little game.

Now, I know I have a few faithful readers from the Galley family... so these pictures are for you. The rest of you can look too, and just laugh at our crazy outfits!!! The first picture was my personal favorite.... Rhett. He looks like some hottie from the seventies. And this is Grandma Galley and Rhonda.
This is Amy and her husband McCade. Don't be fooled by his face. He was SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO excited to dress up for the party! ;)
This is Gleneita with her cute sisters. From left to right, Michele, Marcie, Gleneita, Rhonda and Deanna.
This is Rhett's wife, Emilee. Not the most flattering picture of her, but she is so cute and fun!!!
And Ty and his adorable girlfriend Kelsie.
It was such a great party. Thank you Rhonda for all of your hard work. I love you, really. I am so glad I am a part of this amazing family. I have NOTHING bad to say about my in-laws. I am just so thrilled that they let me be a part of their fun stuff. They rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it looks like you guys had so much fun! I want to be a part of your family! That's such a great idea to have an ugly Christmas sweater contest! I'll have to suggest that to Chris' family and see if they'll go for it next year. I'll also have to watch the thrift stores for ugly sweaters throughout the year. ;) I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday!
Steph