Tuesday, December 11, 2007

the one about Kayler and our sledding adventure

Last Friday, Kandice's cute brother, Kael, got married. Kandice asked me to help with her sweet little Kayler while they went to the Temple. I was so excited to have him. I will admit, he is a handful, but he was SO good! I had so much fun with him. Quayd was at school, so it was just the two of us. Basically, if you keep him with snacks and cartoons, he is happy. He totally loved those Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses. I was tickling him a little and here he is drooling them all over himself! I had to make a cake for a dinner our ward was providing for a funeral, so I was a little busy in the kitchen for awhile. He just sat on this stool in front of the T.V. watching Barney. Like I said, if I kept his treat supply full, he was happy! He was so much fun and I am so glad Kandice asked me to help her. She is so good to help me, so this was a great way for me to BEGIN to pay her back. Kayler is such a cute baby. He has the funniest personality. I can't even explain it, but he looks so sweet and innocent, but he has this little naughty streak in him. Except he is really not that naughty. I just love him! And i kinda love his mom too! ;)

On Saturday, we took Quayd on his first sledding adventure. It is so much fun now that he is old enough to do those kind of things. Brennen spent the night on Friday night, and Brett promised them a sledding trip at the golf course. So we got up bright and early and had waffles for breakfast. Brett and I needed to run to Wal-Mart,so the boys stayed at Brandon's for a little bit while we gathered everything for our trip. While at Wal-Mart, I ran into my friend Roberta. She is Quayd's best friend fron school, Raymond's mom. I asked her if we could go pick Raymond up and take him with us. They were so cute and had so much fun. It was Brett and I, Quayd, Brennen and Raymond. We got pizza, had hot chocolate and donuts and sledded our butts off! Here are a few pictures.

2 comments:

Kandice said...

aww. mandy, I didn't know you broke out the good ol camera on your babysitting adventure! Thanks again for watching him. He took after his mommy, poor little guy. Shove me full of snacks and give me something to distract my attention and I am in the best mood ever!!

Ramanda said...

Sledding at the golf course... way to pass on the important traditions! One of my cherished childhood memories is going tubing at the golf course every winter. I am sure it will be one of Qyuad's too!