Thursday, December 27, 2007

the one about Christmas; finally over

I sound like such a total scrooge. But I don't care. I am super glad Christmas is over. I love love love it. Don't get me wrong, but by the time you buy all of the gifts, go to all of the parties, get all of the groceries and build yourself up for this great grand gala affair, it's over. Just over. Done. It is so hard not to get wrapped up in all of the "Christmas Crap." I just get overwhelmed and stressed out. I worry that I got this person to big of a gift and not a good enough gift for that one. It just gets to be too much, so I am so thankful it is over. I tried super hard this year to think about Mary. And I sure did. It made my Christmas a little bit more special, I think. I thought about it so much, infact, that whenever I look at my nativity and see her holding her precious baby boy, I kinda get a little tearey eyed. I will be forever grateful for those feelings I have enjoyed this season.

On Christmas day night, I stayed up late and took down all of my Christmas decorations. Except for one. My beautiful nativity set. I couldn't stand to part with it for a whole year. So this is how it looks in my living room right now. It is on the back of my piano. And that is my spoiled rotten cat, Skeet, sleeping in his favorite spot. Infact, I think on my Christmas Eve picture of Quayd's stuff, he is laying right there too. Anyway, I left a little bit of garland and a few white lights. It is as beautiful as ever. The other decoartions I have right now is my winter stuff. I have a bunch of blue, white, silver, snowflakes and snowmen. My brother and his wife gave me this cute decoration for Christmas. It is big letters that say WINTER. This is the top of my TV right now.

I got some gifts this year that really made my heart swell with joy! I got the KitchenAid mixer that I have coveted for YEARS!!! It is the Artisan Stand Mixer and it is red. It was also on Oprah's favorite things list for 2007. I think it made Mandy's list too! I am so excited. i also got some cute clothes, my fun WINTER letters, an oil difuser that makes my home smell like a dream, and a super cute Christmas thing Quayd made for me at school. I already packed it away though so I can't post a picture. I suck. I should leave it up all year because it is darling, but it is Christmas-ey and I couldn't handle Christmas stuff anymore. It is without a doubt my favorite gift this year. Well, I guess it is my 2nd favorite. (don't tell Quayd!) But can you blame me? I mean, look at this thing!!!

One of our favorite Christmas traditions is our annual trip to SLC with all of the Galley's to see a Utah Jazz game. The tickets are our gift from Grandma and Grandpa Galley each year. Our game is Saturday night and Quayd and I are riding with Gleneita and heading out tomorrow. (Friday.) Brett has been taking a fire inspector class and his test is Saturday, so he can't make it this year. The only other time he can take his test is in March and it will be right in the middle of the EMT class he is taking. He is sad to miss it, and I am sad too, but oh well. I love to go and just because he isn't going, doesn't mean I am going to miss out! I am so excited to relax, read a book, hang with my boy, catch a sweet game, and spend some great quality time with a bunch of my favorite people in the whole world. Don't worry, I will take lots of pictures and blog all about it.

I have one last picture and story to share. Brett's little brother, Cory, and his wife had a sweet baby boy in June of this year. Branson. He was born with cleft lip and pallate. He just had his first of MANY surgeries about a week before Christmas. Here are a few pictures of him at Christmas. I just can't believe how amazing he looks. He is the SWEETEST baby you have ever met. He is just so mellow and never makes much of a fuss. I just love him, and look at those big beautiful blue eyes! Is he cute, or what?
This is him before. Still so sinking cute!
And here are my sweet little nephews on the Lane side at Gleneita's on Christmas morning. Quayd, holding Branson, Beau'D and Kelby.

7 comments:

Tari said...

Have fun at the game! It really is a miracle what they can do with surgery to help that adorable little boy! Quayd is such a good cousin.

Anonymous said...

Mandy - I have to tell you that I leave my nativity up year-round. I was also VERY anxious to get my decorations down and my house back to normal, but I love my nativity so much that I just can’t stand to box it up. So, I display it in my curio throughout the year, and in December I move it to the top of my entertainment center as more of a focal point for the holidays.

Kandice said...

Aww, mandy, you are so lucky you get to go out of town. I too was shocked when I seen Branson at church, he looked SOO much better, almost like nothing was wrong. I love your WINTER letters. those are cute. TTYL!!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I love the winter letters. Branson looks so dang good. It's amazing what they can do with surgery these days. You have seen my niece Cammie and she looks amazing. She is now almost 14 and really I dont think you can tell she had clef lip and Pallate. Have fun in SLC and enjoy the game, I love going to jazz games.

Kristi said...

Oh man, I am so jealous, I love watching the jazz, but I have never been able to go to a game. I told Court that that is what Santa needs to bring me next year for Christmas :) Have so much fun!! And scream really loud for me :)
p.s. your house looks so cute!

Josh and Kristen said...

I love being able to read one more person's blog. You have such a cute one and I love to read your posts. I am glad you finally got your package. What a headache that you shouldn't have had to deal with. Have a good new year!

Tari said...

I totally thought of you the other night when we were playing guitar hero. I can't wait to face off. It's all my family has been able to talk about for the last two days. Maybe today we'll be able to get it. How was the game?