Thursday, November 1, 2007

the one about Halloween

Well, here he is. The Crimson Chin. Along with his trusty sidekicks, Captain America (Kasen) and Wonder Woman (Kenna). Are they cute, or what?
Halloween was great. Since there was no school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, Quayd has gotten really used to sleeping in. So we just relaxed all morning. My Grandma is having back surgery in SLC today and they had to leave yesterday so we Trick-or-Treated them around lunch time. Then I made some chicken salad sandwiches for my Grandparents, my mom, Brayden, Brennen, Quayd and myself. I used white bread and cut the sandwiches in the shape of a ghost. I used sliced olives and pimentos for the faces. They were super cute, and they tasted great too. My cute grandpa always gives the boys one of those HUGE Hershey's bars for Halloween and that is Quayd's favorite thing. He looks forward to it all year. At their house yeterday, he couldn't get into it quick enough! As he was stuffing it in his cute face, my mom asked all of the boys what their favorite candy was. Brayden said Twix, but soon changed to 3 Musketeers. Then back and forth for a few minutes. Brennen liked what ever Brayden said. (I am sure most of that was the annoying little brother in him copying whatever his big brother said!) They finally settled on Twix and my mom asks, "What about you, Quayd?" He looks at her with chocolate all over his face and says, "Big."

We had Trunk-or-Treat and Bread and Soup dinner at the Church starting at 5:30. It was fun, but we had TONS of people so it was super hectic. Then we did the usual running to the grandma's, teachers, and close friends. We stopped at Quayd's old pre-school so he could see Mrs. Young. She and her husband were Dorothy and the Scarecrow. Our dorky, cross-dressing friend, Jay, was the Wicked Witch. They were so cute! I had to go out and get my camera for a picture. I told them that they were definately blog-worthy! Here they are! And their little dog too!
Speaking of witches, my mom has dressed up as a witch for so long! I cant really remember her being anything else. She loves to be a witch for Halloween and sometimes just to be weird and dress up. She has proudly been size 9 witch, size 20 witch, glitter witch, black hair witch, granny witch and my personal favorite, slut witch. When Brayden was little, my mom was, of course, a witch and he was petrified of her! He went around calling her Granny witch for YEARS! Well she was so sure yesterday that she was going to dress up and scare the boys. She got all witched up and walked to our houses. She came to see Quayd first. Not scared. Then went to Brayden and Brennen's. Not scared. I laughed at her today when she told me that they all three just looked at her and said, "Hi Granny." She was so disapointed.

Today I hit the "after-Halloween" sale at Wal-Mart and got Quayd some super hero costumes for dress up. I found Superman, Spiderman and a Ninja Turtle. He was thrilled!

Now it is November. Time to start preparing for my favorite time of year, CHRISTMAS! Hip hip horray! Quayd went back to school today, the Halloween decorations are coming down, and after we get over the sugar high, life can get back to normal.

1 comment:

Hope said...

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've seen Jay in probably 4 years or so. Glad to see he's still got that fabulous sense of humor! Good ol' Jay---he's lookin' pretty "WICKED" in the Halloween picture. If you bump into him in the near future, tell him I got a kick out of his costume and that I said hello!