Wednesday, October 31, 2007

the one about my hatred for scary stuff

It's Halloween! For the most part, I really love Halloween. For those who know me well, you know that I am a big fat chicken and I HATE HATE HATE scary stuff. I hate scary movies, scary creatures, I am scared of the dark, thunder and lightening, and I especially hate being startled. I really can't handle it. You will never find me at a haunted house, haunted movies, haunted woods, or haunted ANYTHING! Sometimes when the previews for scary movies come on, I change the channel. That is how much I hate it. You will all think I am a big baby when I tell you this because people say these movies aren't even that scary, but I have watched The Sixth Sense and The Blair Witch Project and they both scared the living crap out of me. I decided, NEVER AGAIN! No kidding, I still have nightmares about the Blair Witch Project.


I mentioned how I hate being startled; it's true. Let me tell you a few stories..

Janice used to love to scare me, and at Bunco one time, it was at my house and I had gone to the bathroom. When I came out, she was standing around the dark corner and she jumped out at me. I screamed for like a week! I was all nervous to come out of my bathroom for a few days. So now, I make sure I don't drink much on Bunco night so I don't have to pee. But when ever I try to pay her back, she is isn't even phased by my "BOO!" She is lots tougher than me and she loves scary movies. She doesn't really try to scare me anymore because she knows how much I hate it.

Here is another startle story. I got an email last year around Halloween. It was one of those that you are watching the video and something jumps out and scares you. Well, no kidding, I FREAKED!!!!! My heart was racing for the longest time. It actually made me cry it scared me so bad. Then like a week later, I got another one that was some kind of an IQ test and it says, "Study the two maps and find the differences." I was all into it. I was going to prove how smart I was. Well, holy crap. Something flew out at me and screamed and I seriously ran up my stairs screaming and FREAKING OUT! I was so upset. I decided from then on, that I would be very cautious about opening forwards. Infact, I seldom open any of them because I am afraid someone is going to try to scare me.


I am a big fat baby.


I could go on and on about being a fradey cat, but I won't. It must seem weird to you that I love Halloween so much. It seems weird to me too. But I only love the cute stuff. The harvest things, the parties, the candy, the pumpkins and all of that cool stuff. I love to decorate my house for Halloween, but most of my stuff is Harvest/Fall stuff. Then I can leave it up a while, until I put my Christmas tree and decor up before Thanksgiving. I love the holidays!

Last night Gleneita, Talia, Quayd and I went to the Annual Pumpkin Festival.

We go together about every year. Brett isn't all that into it, so we take Quayd and have lots of fun. Brayden and Brennen always carve pumpkins and enter them in the festival so we like to try and find them. Brayden is in 4-H and his group was in charge of the refreshments, but the lines were so long and it started to rain, so we didn't get to enjoy. We went to Pizza Hut for dinner instead. We walked through all of the pumpkin displays and they made a maze out of hay bails. Quayd loved the maze! They also had a huge bon fire. We had a fun night!

I don't usually dress up, but Kathy and I decided it would be fun to dress up for Curves this morning. I wore a witch costume and Kathy was a bat. We really aren't very cute at 6:00 in the morning. Costumes or not. We are dorks! Not many people dressed up, but it was fun. There was a cowgirl there and we got quite a kick out of her! I came home and showered instantly and I do not plan of dressing up again today! I have a cute Old Navy Halloween shirt, so that will be the extent of my dressing up.

Now it is time to prepare myself for this long day! I need to map out our trick-or-treating route and get the crimson chin in costume! He is excited. And so am I. Happy Halloween everybody! Tune in tomorrow for pictures!

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

BOO!!!!!!!! I probablly really scared you. I have to admit I giggled through this entire blod whole reading it. You crack me up with how bad you hate being scared. I love you to death.

Kandice said...

i am just the same. I hate hate scary shows. G.J. made me watch "the ring" and i cried for hours after i was so upset. I don't like the feeling i get when i'm scared. When someone jumps out at me, i usually hit, or punch, or get angry. I thought I was going to get brave and go to the haunted woods this year, but every time i thought of it, or seen a sign advertising it, i got sick inside. Oh, well-guess its ok to be a scaredy cat.