Tuesday, October 30, 2007

the one about journaling

Every Monday night, Gibler's whole family gets together for Family Home Evening. They have a lesson, an activity and dinner. Last night, we were lucky enough to be invited. They take turns hosting it, but this week it was Gibbie's turn. We were so excited and grateful to be a part of it! We had breakfast food for dinner and it was delicious. The lesson was on journals and it made me realize how truly important it is for us to document our lives. I am grateful I have been getting back into my journaling. Even though most of my entries are just my blog, I still feel like I am doing my part to keep a record of me and my family. I look forward every day to the personal time I get to spend journaling. I have told this story many times before, but allow me to tell it again. The moment I found out I was pregnant, nearly 6 years ago, I decided that I needed to keep a very detailed record of the entire experience. I started the moment my pregnancy suspicions were confirmed. I typed it on the computer, printed it, and kept it in a cute 3 ring binder. I still have this journal today and I go back and read it often. It is one of my most prized posessions. If my house ever caught on fire, that journal would be one of the first things I went for. I don't think it is a coincidence that I was so faithful to keep that journal. I truly feel like I was inspired. I think Heavenly father knew the trials I would endure so He helped me record it all. In detail, I wrote about every appointment, every kick, every bit of morning sickness, I mean EVERYTHING! Now knowing that I will never experience pregnancy again, I treasure that book. I have actually been going through it recently. I read an entry or two each night before I go to bed. I was such a dork! But it is so fun to see my excitement as I went through that monumental time in my life. How fun for Quayd to get to read all about it when he is older. I would love to know my mother's excitement (or dissapointment :)) when she was pregnant with me. If nothing else, Quayd will know that he was loved from the very first moment of his life!!!


Brett's Denver Broncos played Monday night football last night. He and Kayle locked themselves in Gibler's basement so they could watch them loose. Our lives STOP for the Broncos. Kayle is just as bad, so I am glad they have each other. They sat down there and discussed the offense, the defense, strategy, and what they would do if they were on the coaching staff. Kayle even said he was ready to suit up and play if they needed him. We came home during the half and the phone was ringing. It was Gleneita. She started throwing out her strategy and game plan too. She is just as bad as the boys! I like to know how they are doing and stuff, but I don't really get into it that much. I love for them to win because it makes our home a happy place for the rest of the week!


When I left for Curves this morning at 6:00, it was pouring rain. But it was lots warmer at 50 degrees. It looks like it is just going to be a yucky rainy day. It makes we want soup, hot cider and homemade bread. Tonight is the Pumpkin Festival in Jensen. It is really cool to walk through the Jensen park and see all of the creative pumpkins. I really love it. They serve the BEST hot chocolate ever. Brett doesn't love to go, so I usually go with Gleneita and Quayd. Kimmie also talked about going tonight, so we will see. Hope it's not too cold. Speaking of pumpkins, Quayd insisted we carve his last night. He drew the face, mom gutted it, and dad used the knife to carve it. It is cute, and he did a good job.



Kandice called me last night from the hospital. Her baby is sick. He started throwing up really bad last night and they admitted him. He was super dehydrated so he is on IV fluids. Poor baby. She called to see if I could bring her a clean shirt because Kayler threw up all over hers. She also asked if I could bring her a treat. Quayd and I dipped Halloween shaped pretzels in white chocolate yesterday, so I took her some of those, a pudding, and I stopped at 7-11 to get her some nachos and a Pepsi. I hope it helped her. I just love her so much. I worry about her and her kids. When they get sick, they get REALLY sick. She is such a great friend to me and I depend on her so much. I love you K!


Well, I hope my post finds all of my readers well. I love you all!

No comments: