Sunday, October 14, 2007

the one about me

Let's talk about me...

I am a Mother, I am a wife, I am a friend, I am a daughter, a daughter-in-law, a grand-daughter, I am a Mormon, a crafter, a quilter, a cook and lots of other things, but those are probably the most important to me.

I like to scrapbook, sew, make cards, organize and take care of everyone around me. I consider myself a nurturer. I love children. I love the innocence of a child and I know that they are the closest thing to perfect that we will ever know. I love the show friends and most of my daily vocabulary comes from that show. I love playing Volleyball. As strange as it sounds, I like planning big parties and events and I don't freak out over public speaking. Everyone accuses me of biting of more than I can chew.. but you know what? I can always chew it just fine. I am constantly busy and I always have a full plate. But I love it! Life is too short to be bored.

I am a total dork! I'm cooky, I am random and I can find humor in any situation, but at the drop of a hat I can burst into tears over nothing. I am over-sensitive, emotional and I am a little OCD over lots of strange things. But I don't care. Because I am me and, most days, I like me.

As a little girl, I was pretty happy, I think. I don't think I gave my parents too much trouble. I was a spoiled brat, but I was the only girl and the baby. What do you expect? I have one older Brother, Brandon. I look up to him a lot. I don't want him to know that though, so don't tell him! ;) He is married and has 2 awesome boys... Brayden 11, and Brennen 6.

My parents divorced when I was 12. My mom still lives close by. How close you ask? 2 doors down! And brother is next door and the greatest grandparents ever are my other next door neighbors. I love it! My husband might disagree, but I love it. My two little nephews are the greatest and I love that they are so close to me. I love for them to come hang with me. Brayd used to come over lots, but he just getting to old and cool for his nerdy Aunt Mandy anymore. My Dad and his wife live in Tulsa, OK. I don't get to see him as much as I would like, but we try our best to stay in touch.

I married my high school sweetheart, Brett, September 19, 1998. We got married right here in our hometown where we still live today. We have a great relationship. We argue like every other couple does, but you know... I just love him so much. I really do. We communicate well, we laught a lot, and when I am with him, I just want to be my very best. I try everyday to pamper him because I want him to know that I realize how lucky I am to be married to such a good guy. He drives me crazy. But I love him.

We were married for 4 years by the time we had our only child, Quayd. It was not easy getting him here, so he is our one and only. I will have to tell that big scary story in another blog.

Brett has 2 Brothers and 1 Sister. Brandon and his wife (my dear friend) Brynn have one son, Beau'D. He is adorable, and so funny. He is gonna keep him mommy and daddy on their toes! Cory has 1 daughter, Shaelynn, and 2 sons, Kelby and Branson. Kelby is a total daddy's boy and Branson is precious. Stright from Heaven. And the baby Talia... What can I say about the girl who is wise beyond her years, who is one of my best friends, who I can trust with ANYTHING and she is 11 years younger than me. I have never met anyone like her and I love her to death.

My mother-in-law, Gleneita, is another one of my very best friends. We are strangely close. It is not your typical mother-in-law/daughter-in-law relationship. She rocks. She is the strongest woman i know and I want to be just like her when I grow up. We recently lost my dear father-in-law, Mike. We too were very close. He filled a huge void in my life and I will forever treasure my time with him.

Well, that is all I have to say about me. I am sure there will be lots more in the future. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Hope said...

Maaa-aaa-aaandy,

I did not know that Mike had passed away. I am so sorry. Had he been ill? I feel so out of touch sometimes. I used to subscribe to the Vernal Express to keep up but it started to make me feel old when I didn't know anyone that was getting married! Anyway, I just wanted to give my condolences to you and Brett about his dad. I am sure that has been a very difficult time for you, especially his mom. You are in my thoughts!
Love,
Hope
P.S. LOVE the blog! (They're kinda fun, huh?)

Janice {Run Far} said...

Howdy just Janni again..... Just want to say that mandy is the coolest girl ever and what a joy to be around. You make every occassion fun and so NOT boring.