Friday, October 19, 2007

the one about the forgotten friends

Well apparently I have offended a couple of people that I failed to mention in previous posts, so allow me to do so now. I can't decided which one to name first because they both made threatening phone calls to me wondering why I hadn't dedicated an entire post to them. They are probably the two people who love me more than anybody else on the planet, (and they both reminded me of this when they called) so how could I have forgotten? Ok, I am going with my gut here and I am going to cover JAY first. (Sorry mom, keep reading.)

My beloved friend Jay and I have been friends since 2nd grade. Besides me, Jay is probably the biggest dork I know. We were never "romanticly" involved, just best friends. Although, I secretly wanted to be his first kiss when everyone in high school was obsessed with his virgin lips. And I was jealous when old "what's her name" robbed that kiss. But I also knew that my slutty lips were tainted and he needed a nicer girl to be his first kiss. Oh, and I had a boyfriend. By the way, he was one of the first people to wish me happy birthday yesterday and I didn't mention it on my "Birthday" post on purpose. I knew I was going to blog all about him in the future, so I saved that information. And secretly, I kinda wanted to avoid talking about him yesterday just to irritate him. He has been checking my blog to see if his name has come up and I knew if I didn't say anything about him calling me, it would really work him over. It actually meant the WORLD to me that he called me yesterday. And every year for that matter. I don't really like him to know this, but I adore him and will always consider him my best friend. We can go months without talking, and we just pick up right where we left off. We can each always say something embarassing or offensive to the other one, and that is what makes out relationship so special. A few years ago, we had a little conversation about, ummmm, how do I say this, um.. "preference." I guess that is a good enough word. He knows what I am talking about. Well, I was so excited that he was coming to me with some important info, so after I made a complete ass of myself, he told me that he was kidding. Then at our class reunion this summer, a similar thing happened at the park. I'm going to leave it at that. But these things happen to us all of the time and I LOVE it! That story that makes no sense to anybody besides us, and it is just the tip of the ice berg. I wanted to find a picture of us to post, and this is all I could find. Jay has this special gift of pulling the most retarded faces when the camera is involved. So this was the most normal I could find and it's over 10 years old!!! We thought we were pretty attractive people, but man. We were dogs!

Anyway, I am so sorry that you were offended Jay. (you freak!) I love you to death and I always will. Thanks for all you do for me and thanks for taking care of Gleneita at the bank. She needs all the help she can get!! ;)



The other very important person in my life is my mommy. She must have been confused that this was a blog about me, because she was sure it was supposed to be all about her. So here is some stuff about her. First of all, She is also a freak when the camera is around, but instead of pulling stupid faces, she freaks out and hides. So finding a picture of her was difficult. But I did reacll some pictures of us at a "certain wedding" several years ago. We have lots of fun and I love my mom to death. She is a strong woman and she has taught me a lot about being a strong independent woman. I am sorry that you felt left out mom. You know I love you! You always look out for me and I appreciate that more that you will ever know.

Ma and Jay, I want you both to know that you are two of my favorite people in the whole wide world. I count on you both lots. Don't be babies! ;)


No comments: