Wednesday, October 17, 2007

the one about President Hinckley


When we were watching General Conference, something funny happened during the Saturday morning session that made everyone laugh. Brett and I kept rewinding the TiVo to figure it out, but we just couldn't tell. The camera didn't show it and its view at that moment was on the Choir. My friend Leisa sent me an email the other day that described the incident. Here it is:
"THIS is what happened at the Saturday session of conference that made everyone laugh...
After President Hinckley finished with the sustaining of the officers of the church during the Saturday morning session, Elder Eyring had moved into his new seat on the stand. Unfortunately, they didn't show this on TV, but when President Hinckley turned around, he stood there for a moment looking at Elder Eyring (probably with the little twinkle in his eye), then picked up his cane and "knighted" him on his shoulder and head. Here's the picture from it."
I love it! Our prophet is so funny and cute and I just love him! That is so him and it just cracked me up. Now that I am figuring out this blogger thing a little more and I am starting to get the picture add in thing (thanks Ramanda!) I thought it would be a fun post.

1 comment:

Janice {Run Far} said...

what and amazing man Hinckley is. If the world was just half as good and this man we would'nt have to worry about our children growing up in this world.