Monday, October 15, 2007

the one about the crimson chin

oh me, oh my. My 5 year old son is so freaking funny. He is a very smart, witty and determined boy. He knows what he wants and how to get it. Let me explain..

He is very into PIRATES right now. Anything and everything that has to do with pirates, he knows every last detail. We play pirates, we eat like pirates, we talk like pirates, (arrrrrrrrrr...) you get the point. So for his Birthday party, of course, the theme was pirates. He was VIP at school and we had to take a pirate treat. Well halloween is right around the corner and can you guess the costume??? You got it. A Pirate. But not just any old pirate. A pirate with a bandana, not a hat, a make-up sponged beard, no earring, a brown bag hanging from the belt that has bubble gum coins in it and a carrier thing to hook on his back that he can put his sword in. Can we buy this costume? NO WAY! He wants mom to make it. So I have brain stormed and studied so I could get every last detail just right. I found the perfect fabric for the pants. blah blah blah. I have not started this project yet, but I do have it visualized and ready to go. Well, until this morning....... We are getting ready for school, like we usually do at 8:30 am. We are very "routine-ey". I wake him up around 8:10. We snuggle and watch cartoons for a few minutes, I put him in the bath, get him dressed, do a little breakfast, and we are off for school. Well somewhere between cartoon snuggle time and bath time, Quayd got a brilliant idea that he wants to be the Crimson Chin from his favorite cartoon The Fairly Odd Parents. Panic over took me. Where in the world can I find this costume??? I can sew, but I certainly cannot pull that off. Wal-Mart? yah right. Well, you will never believe it. I found it on the internet (thank you costumecity.com) and he was thrilled. So we looked it over, thought it was totally hilarious, decided it was in our price range (ha ha) and ordered it. It's on its way. And I have made Quayd's day. Does life get any better than that? Knowing that as his mommy, I have the power to make or break his entire trick-or-treating experience. Love it! Being a mom is the greatest!

1 comment:

Ramanda said...

There better be a post and some pictures of this little crimson chin after halloween. You are such an amazing mom!

I look forward to reading future blogs!