Sunday, October 28, 2007

the one about being tagged

I love an excuse to blog! It is my new favorite activity. Although, I find it hard to really talk and brag about myself. I think I have a pretty average life. Nothing to exciting but not WAY boring. Just Average. So when I got the invite from Ramanda to play this "TAG" game, I welcomed the opportunity. Bear with me as I take on the challenge!!

The rules:

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Here goes!!

Fact #1: I love being a girl! I am so grateful that I am a woman and I love every part of it. (Ok, except about every 28 days for like a week. I don't LOVE that part of being a woman.) I cannot imagine how incomplete I would feel if I were a yucky, stinky boy. I don't really love my body or anything, but I am glad I have the girl parts. Girls get all of the good stuff. We get, most importantly, the mom thing. I think I say this in every single post, but I am so grateful that I am a mother. There is no greater blessing in the whole world. I feel like Heavenly Father must love me sosososososososososososososo much to trust me with one of His special spirits. He must think I am really great to let me experience pregnancy, motherhood, and, most importantly, womanhood. Our beloved Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley said this of women: “Woman is God’s supreme creation. Only after the earth had been formed, after the day had been separated from the night, after the waters had been divided from the land, after vegetation and animal life had been created, and after man had been placed on the earth, was woman created; and only then was the work pronounced complete and good." I am not like a feminist or anything, I am just proud to be a woman. I feel like women have a very sacred roll on this Earth and I am thankful to be a part of it.

Fact #2: I have some weird OCD issues. I am not really a germ-a-phobe or a clean freak, but I am a little freaky about letters and numbers. I am also freaky about cabinet doors and drawers being open, crumbs on tables and counters, stray hairs, crooked pictures, dust, and clutter. Please don't misunderstand me. Again, I am NOT a clean freak. Walk in my house and you will see. And these things, in NO WAY, bother me anywhere but in my own home. I want my home to be a place where people like to come and relax. That they can just walk in and sit down. Wear your shoes in or take them off, I don't care. Put your feet on the furniture, eat in the living room, whatever, I don't care, just get comfortable. Ok, now lets talk about the letters and numbers thing. I get really freaked out by names and the way you spell them. For instance, my friend Kimmie is married to Kayle, they have Kasen, Kenna and Kaylee. That is great. I love that. It is very harmonic. We have Brett, Mandy and Quayd. It is good too, because none are the same. Holly really stressed me out when her last baby was not given an "S" name. She has Alison, Scott, Spencer and Jacob. Now the Alison thing is ok because she is a girl. If Jacob had been a girl, he would have needed an "A" name. (Sorry Holly, no offense. I love your kids and their names, this is just the HELL that I live in!) Janice's twin, Frances has Marcus, McKayla and Cambree. Great names, but the "C" threw off the whole dynamics of her family. My Brother, Brandon, has Brayden and Brennen. Now if they were to have anther child and it was a boy, of course, go with the "B" thing, but a girl would need a "D" name, like Danette. If we ever had another child, it could not have a "B," an "M," or a "Q." Then two people would be left out. It's weird, huh. Now the number thing isn't as weird, but still kinda strange. I remember most phone numbers, any bank account number that I have ever had, my High School locker combination, and I can tell you the exact price of almost anything at the grocery store. But I don't remember these things just to remember them, I can like see them in a pattern in my mind. It's all pattern-ey and color coded. I know, I'm a freak. I am not intellegent or anything so it's not anything like that. Infact, Brett says I am an idiot savant when it comes to certain things. I think that is an insult. Maybe I shouldn't be proud of that. Oh Well.

Fact #3: I hate games. I really do. I play in a Bunco group. I love the group and I love to get together, but sometimes I dread the game. I hate board games, Nintendo, XBOX, cards, Arcades, computer games ... all of it. I hate it all. Although, I really love Guitar Hero on Playstation 2. And I am really good at it. It is another one of Brett's idiot savant things.

Fact #4: I love to be silly. I just love to be able to let loose and be a goof ball. I love being a kid. Here are some pictures we took last night on a double date with our friends, Gibler and Kayle.





We were just being stupid and it was so much fun.
Fact 5: I love to cook. I love to try new things and share them with my family and friends. I cook for my grandparents occasionally and I just love it. When ever I make a treat, I always run some next door. It probably drives them crazy, but it makes me feel so good.

Fact 6: I like canned meat. And bologna. Gross huh. I'm sorry. Don't judge me.

So those are my facts. Sorry some of them are a little long. What did I tell ya? pretty boring. Anyway, Kandice, Hope, Janice, Alison and Ramanda (I don't have 6 blog friends yet, I am still new!) please take this challenge. I will be checking on you to make sure you do it.

1 comment:

Wonderland Girl said...

#1. Amen, sing it, sista
#2. Uhhh.. I have Sadie and Cydnie. I failed, didn't I? Dangit. Can you get along with the matching "ie's"?
#3. I love games but would rather visit than play Bunco.
#4. That makes you the super fun mom that you are!
#5. I wish I lived next door...oh wait! I did! Where's my treats??
#6. I like Spam...SHHHHHH!