Wednesday, October 17, 2007

the one about "friends"

Maybe, if you are a Friends fan, you have noticed that all of my entries are titled as "the one about..." Well, I mentioned in my very first post that I am a HUGE fan of the t.v. show Friends and all of the Friends episodes are titled that way. So that is my subliminal message that I want to hang with Rachel, Ross, Pheobe, Joey, Monica and Mrs. Cha-nand-oler Bong. (fans will get that;) )

Anyway, those aren't the only FRIENDS I want to talk about today. I seriously have the coolest group of friends EVER! I hate to talk about them incase someone is forgotten and feelings are hurt, but I do want to mention a few special ones. (In no particular order)

Kandice. She and I have been friends for about 3 1/2 years (right, K?). She was in my ward when we lived in our little house by Brett's parents. We were both in Young Women's together and we just hit it off. Actually, I was super intimidated by her at first. She had two adorable kids and just seemed to have it all together. She is a few years younger than me, but is wise beyond her years. She is the one I call when I really need a listening ear. Don't get me wrong, all of my friends are great listeners, but Kandice is my therapist. I also have this strange urge to protect her. If I think anyone is being mean to her, I get MAD! Neither of us have a sister, and I just feel like she is my little sis, and I have to watch out for her. Yet, it is probably the other way around. She is the one protecting and looking out for me. She is not a touchy-feeley emotional girl. But she is one of the most spiritual and amazing people I know. Her Faith is so strong and she just knows that if she prays enough, she will be ok. I love that.

Moving on...
Janice. I met Jani through a friend of mine, Valeri, that was in her ward. Janice was puting together a Bunco group and asked Valeri to join and also asked if she had a friend that might like it. Well, I got invited and I have been in this Bunco group for over 4 years now. After a few months of seeing her at bunco, we hit it off and started hangin' out. Our friendship has had its ups and downs, lots of ups and few downs, I should say, and we do pretty well. We have a good time. She is a workout freak and she inspires the crap out of me. She has ran 4 marathons. 26.2 miles!!! That is amazing. Her most recent one was in St. George on October 6th. She beat her personal best with a time of 3:27. She is so cool and so determined and dedicated. She has really influenced me to take a more healthy approach to my lifestyle. We worked out together for awhile and she really taught me that it can actually be FUN to exercise. We have gone on a few road trips together, and we have a BLAST! But aside from all of that, she is a great friend. She is silly, crazy, funny, adorable, and I just love her guts! Her oldest daughter will be my daughter-in-law some day (according to Quayd), so we will be friends forever!

Holly. Holly moved into my ward a couple of years ago. She really dislikes it here and I make it my personal mission to show her that its not such a bad place! Holly is amazing. She is the best ccok in the world. She comes from a long line of very spiritual, strong people. She has shown me a different side of family and religion. That sounds weird, but we just come from such different backgrounds and, well, she is just awesome. I can't explain it. Ok. Let me try an example. Brett and I were talking about babies and familes the other night and he made this comment. This really sums it all up. Holly and her husband just had their 4th baby. A boy, Jacob. Brett said that when baby Jacob was in Heaven and Heavenly Father took him aside and told him he would be coming to Holly's home, everyone was probably totally jealous. It would be a wonderful place to be. Jake is a very lucky boy. She has created a very "home-ey" home. It is not the home that she wants to be in forever, but it is a home of love and I am very envious.

Kimmie Gibler. What a crack up. Holy crap, she is so funny and onery and mean and I just love it! She kills me! She has the 3 most beautiful kids (besides Quayd) ever! She is such a great mom and she takes such good care of her family. Her son and Quayd are best friends. I can't think of a better kid that I would like Quayd to be with. One of her girls is in my Primary class and I just love her to pieces. She is just like her mom, a total pistol! I really love old Gibler. And I really love her parents and siblings. Brett and I hang with them a lot and they are our best camping buddies. Gib and I go way back. We grew up in the same neighborhood and I have just known her forever. Her parents are some of the best people on the planet and I consider them my friends too, and Quayd thinks that Nan is just another one of his grandmas. Gibler is a great friend. I love her.

I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. I wish I could say more and more about all of them. I hope they all know how much I love them.

Here is a quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley
"Be careful of your friends. They can make you or break you. Be generous in helping the unfortunate and those in distress. But bind to your friends of your own kind. Friends who will encourage you, stand with you, live as you desire to live: who will enjoy the same kind of entertainment, and who will resist the evil that you determine to resist."

1 comment:

Janice {Run Far} said...

howdy it's ole Janni here. Just want to say your blog site is super cute. Maybe one day i will get off my lazy arse and do one too. You are an awesome friend.