Wednesday, October 24, 2007

the one about exercise, candy and Chick-Fil-A

UPDATE: Before I forget, the Crimson Chin costume has arrived at the Lane home, and I have one VERY excited boy! He has been wearing it a little, and it is darling! I will not post pictures, though, until Halloween. I want to captivate my readers and keep you coming back!

Infact, I need to thank all of my faithful readers. So many people have told me that they read my blog, and I am so FLATTERED!!! I truly have the most boring life and I am just so honored that you really care enough about me to read it. (snif, snif) And I feel like i have really started something here. Now 2 of my friends have started blogging because of me! Janice and Kandice, Way to go!

So I have been going to Curves for the last couple of weeks. I really quite enjoy it. I wasn't sure if I would, but I really do. My workout buddy, Kathy, comes and picks me up around 6:00 am. Sometimes, Gibler comes with us, so we swing by her house. We have a porch light signal. If the porch light is on, Kathy stops. If it is off, she knows to drive on by. Gib did come today, but she wasn't feeling well again. Poor girl. Anyway, we visit, catch up on all of the gossip and she brings me home by 6:45. Speaking of exercise, I have noticed that the older I get, the more I sweat. Is that normal? I seriously sweat like a big fat pig. I have to get a towel and dry off my sickening fat head several times during my workout. Gross, huh. And I also had to get weight lifting gloves to use while I go around the circut. My baby soft hands were starting to get calluses and they hurt super bad. So I look like a dork, but I don't care. I look like a dork anyway. We finish our workout, stretch, and head home. When I get out of her car, I jump into Brett's truck, start it and turn the heat on so it will be nice and warm for him to leave by 7:00. I visit with him for a second and our day begins. I TRY to blog at that time, but it doesn't always work. Today it did. It is 7:20 am right now, and look at me go! By 8:15-ish, I wake prince-charming and get his day started. It doesn't come without a fight. He is a little bear in the morning. But a cute little bear!

Today, I am going Visiting Teaching with my partner and friend Holly at 11:00.

Last night, Quayd's buddy Kasen had a piano recital. It was a Halloween concert. They wore their costumes and played Halloween music. He did so great! He was adorable as Captain America. He had asked Quayd to come a long time ago and Quayd was pretty excited. Way to go Kasen!

Now I would like to talk about candy. I am really not a big candy person, but I get on "kicks" for certain things. I really don't love chocolate. I will eat it, but it is not my favorite. Although, sometimes, I just crave a little chocolate something. I love licorice. Black or red (not that chocolate crap). I like old fashioned black licorice flavored stuff. Yum. Gleneita, my mom, and my cute grandpa, Pop, love black licorice too. Gleneita hates anything that oozes but she likes Slap Sticks and all of that weird old lady licorice mix candy. My mom kinda does too. Pop likes all of it, but we always get him these black licorice chewy pipe things at the candy store. I guess he likes them. He eats them and doesn't complain! Brett is so freaking picky. He makes me crazy. He hates peanut butter, nuts (except peanut M&M's), chewy mysterious things, any weird textures or anything that might melt or change consistency in heat or cold. he loves gummy bears, but only a certain brand (Haribo). He likes Skittles, Starbursts, Mambas, Kit Kat, Rolos, Caramellos, and the apple pie apples at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I was really on a cinnamon Jolly Rancher kick for awhile, but it is finally starting to fade. I love peanut butter anything. Reece's, Reece's pieces, Butterfinger, Fast Break, and chick-o-sticks. Is that what they are called? I am really into caramels right now. So here I sit at my computer downing a whole bag. Meanwhile, I can't figure out why I am fat and I just tried to convince all of you that I am really not a candy person.

Chick-o-sticks made me think of a funny story. I am a small town girl, never really traveled much before I was married. My mom and I would go to SLC occasionally and we would always see this restaraunt in the malls. Chick-Fil-A. You know what I'm talking about. Well this will be hard to explain in text, but we FOREVER thought it was Chick-Fil-a, making the "a" short. We always thought it was the weirdest name for an eating establishment. Well a few years ago I told Brett that I have always wanted to eat at Chick-Fil-a. He laughed and laughed and has teased me ever since. I did finally eat there with Janice last summer and I must say, it was delicious.

Wow, what a boring blog. Sorry readers. Hope I didn't disappoint.

No comments: