Tuesday, October 16, 2007

the one about my love story

So many topics to write about... where shall I begin. I think I'll tell you about how I met my husband. yah. That sounds good.

We go way back. Brett and I met like a million years age when I was in 6th grade. (Ok, like 17 years ago. No way. Really? 17? Let me double check my math. Holy freaking crap. I am old enought to remember 17 years ago!!! I can even remember 20 and 25 years ago. That sounds so old! Funny story about remembering things that are old... When we moved into our house 3 years ago, we had to repaint the whole interior. It is my great-Grandma Karrens house and she is now in the care center. My gandparents live next door and my sweet, wonderful, handy and very frugal grandpa was just floored that we actually planned on painting all of it. ((trust me, it was awful and really needed it!)) So he says to me, "Well I just painted the whole interior a few years ago. Let me think... It was the year we moved down here from Maeser." Yah, Grandpa. My mom was in Jr. High when you moved down here from Maeser! What a goof. Ok, you just witnessed my ADD. that was quite a little tangent I went off on there. Back to my story.) So I met Brett when I was staying with my dad for a weekend and he was doing some house calls. He was a T.V. repairman. The Lane's had a big screen t.v. and it was having some issues. I went with dad and just hung out while he worked on the set. There were these two obnoxious, roudy boys running around and I recognized one of them from school. It was Brandon Lane and the other one must have been his little brother. I think I had art or something with Brandon. Well, nothing monumental happened or anything, I just remeber that. So as I got a little older, I got to know both of the Lane boys, who were total jerks, by the way. In High School, I was involved with the plays and musicals, and so was Brett. Again, total jerk. When I was a junior, I was on the yearbook staff and we were recruiting for the next year staff. Everyone wanted Brett Lane because he was so funny, and witty and cool. Whatever. JERK! When my Senoir year began, I got to know Brett, a junior, better and just realized what a fun and cool guy he really was. He was dating one of my friends, and we ended up double dating to Sadies. Well they eventually broke up, so I made my move. Here is the scandalous story. I was going to the Homecoming Dance with my crush, Cody Olsen and Brett had asked my friend Arielle. Brett and I started hanging out tons during Homecoming week while we were in charge of the Yearbook Homecoming float, which was being constructed at my house. Well, one night, we were just chilling at my house and we ended up kissing on my couch. Cool. Then the next day, some more. And more. Well we totally developed feelings for each other and decided we wanted to "be an item." So as the Homecoming dance neared, we really wanted to go together, but already had dates. Well, we were all in the same friend circle, so we just asked our dates if they would like to switch dates. Being flaky High School kids, we all agreed. So we switched. We thought all was well, but it ended up pissing off the dates and they spread all kinds of rumors about us the night of the dance. They told the whole school that we had S-E-X! But we didn't. That was the night of another school dance! ;) After Homecoming, we ended up going to Brett's house and hanging out with his parents. We talked and hung out for HOURS! It was so much fun. That was the beginning of many double dates with my in-law's!

So, I had to wait for Brett to graduate before we would get married. and a few months after his graduation, WE DID! September 19, 1998.
9 years ago. We lived in a cute little apartment for just over a year, then bought a house in a great neighborhood. We started going to Church and were sealed in the Vernal Temple July 22, 2000. Then 2 years after that, on August 30, 2002, we were blessed with our awesome son, Quayd. Shortly after that, we moved into a little house near Brett's parents. It was a strange time for us. We were mad at the world for the trial that we had experienced when we had our son (long story), so we rebelled a little and quit going to Church, but shortly after that, we went right back. Then in July 2004, we moved into the house we are in now. My great-grandparents house. And we love it. We are very blessed and we have a great marriage. (This was taken June 2007) And that is the beginning of my love story. TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments: