Thursday, October 18, 2007

the one about my 29th birthday

So here I sit at the end of my 29th Birthday endulging in, what I promise to be my LAST cupcake EVER! Or at least for the day. Yah, we will see about that! My friend Holly, the super-baker, made her famous cupcakes for my Birthday party launch with the girls, and I got to keep the extras. But there are only 3 left, so the temptation is nearly over. I guess I could just eat them all and have the temptation out of my life forever. But then what good was my workout today? And what good will it be tomorrow? Ohhhh, if only this was the biggest dilema I faced in my life!

Anyway, on to the good stuff... My first Birthday wish came from Brett when he woke me up at midnight to wish me a Happy day. Then at 6:00 a.m. I went to Curves to bust a move with my workout partner, Kathy. When I got home, Brett was putting up the big inflatable birthday cake that I bought to put up for everybody's Birthday. He said that since I put it out for everyone else, he was gonna put it out for me. Sweet huh. After that, I watched the news, and enjoyed some peace before I had to wake little prince charming, who is really not all that charming when he awakens. I got him off to school with his pumpkin that had to be turned in today for the Fall Carnival tonight.
Then my mom and grandma took me to 7-11 Ranch for cinnamon rolls. YUM! For lunch, my girls, Janice, Holly, and Kandice took me to lunch at Curry Manor. It was so yummy, but the service was sure slow. Afterwards, we came to my home and had Holly's yummy cupcakes and I opened my gifts. Holly gave me this super cute antique-ie stitched thing in a frame that says, "Friendship is a special place inside ones heart." Kandice gave me my favorite scented candle, a wick trimmer, a candle lighter, and a little treat from Little Sweet Pea. The candle lighter and wick trimmer is actually funny because she came over to my house a few weeks ago and I had a candle burning. Well she was really worked over the length of my wick. She was just sure I was gonna burn my house down! So she watched and watched it, then finally said she couldn't stand it anymore and blew the candle out, found some scissors, and trimmed the wick. When she went to relight it, is all I had was a cigarette lighter (who knows where it came from) and she was stressed about it. Holy cow, she is funny. So I will be so grateful for the wick trimmer and lighter. Jani gave me a CUTE fall decoration and a Maurices gift certificate. YEAH! They stayed and chatted for awhile, which I was so grateful for. It was so fun to just visit. I was able to hold sweet baby Jacob. Although, he was a little fussy today, but still sweet. I also got to love on my favorite little girl in the world, Morgan. She is my buddy. I love her so much. She is Janice's baby and I think she loves me almost as much as I love her. She just turned 2. She is a special girl and I just adore her. If something ever were to happen to Greg and Janice, I know I wouldn't get her, but I sure would put up one hell of a fight! That is kind of a creepy thing to say, huh? Sorry about that. I should probably keep some of those thoughts private. Anyway, then Quayd and I had a little nap before Grandma Galley stopped by. We had a nice little visit with her. I admire, adore, love, respect and cherish this woman. Whenever I talk to her, I just feel it necesary to bear my soul. I'm sure it drives her crazy. But I really feel like I can just tell her anything. Once she left, I decided to get some dinner started and start getting ready for Quayd's big school carnival! The carnival was fine. It was so crowded!!! It was really stressing me out because we couldn't move or hear anything. But the crowd eventually cleared out and we had a little bit more fun. Quayd and I went alone and Brett met up with us there. Janice had to help in a booth so we took Taylor around and had a great time. Wow, won't they make beautiful babies? They are so cute and Quayd is certain that they will marry someday. I am sure Taylor will make a lovely daughter-in-law for me.

Then we met up with Kimmie Gibler and her family. I broke out the camera and snapped a few pictures. This is Quayd and Kasen just hangin' out. They are best buds, and aren't they cute? Kasen looks a little freaked out, huh?

So then Bretty was playing with the camera and took some pics of me and old Gibler. They were all awful of one or both of us, except this one. Cute, huh! Ohhhh, she is so pretty. She is having a hard time right now. I won't advertise her story on the WWW., but I am thinking about her tons right now. I hope she can get her "medical" stuff taken care of soon and move past this terrible trial. I love you Gib!

Anyway, the carnival was ok, but I jokingly said at one point that I couldn't believe I was spending my Birthday there. I was totally kidding, because in all reality, the only place I would really like to be on my Birthday (or any day for that matter!) is with Quayd when he is having fun. But he overheard it and when we got home, he told me that he was sorry I had a bad Birthday and that I had to go to that carnival. I felt like a big fat jerk. I was really kidding with my friends. I need to be more careful with what I say. If you are ever reading this Quayd, (I do print and save my blogs in my journal) I am so sorry. I love doing those things with you. When you grow up, I hope you remember all of the fun things that we did together. I try my best to be a fun mom and I always want you to know that I treasure those moments above all else! I love you, buddy!!!


Sorry, I had to get a little sentimental there. But allow me to tell you a cute thing that happened at the carnival. This is a typical Quayd thing. He says this stuff all the time, and I try to remember and write things down, so here is the record of this one... We kept talking about the Cake Walk. He was hesitant to do the cake walk, but when we were getting ready to pack up and leave, Kasen talked him into it. I just couldn't imagine why he didn't want to do it. It was a cake walk, for crying out loud! So off they go. They came back with a cookie and a root beer and Quayd sat down to enjoy his winnings. Suddenly, he turned around and said, " Mom, guess what? We didn't even have to step on any cakes!" Oh, he is so cute. We just cracked up. I mean, why else would he think it was anything but stepping on cakes!?!? Oh, I love kids and the things they say. Especially mine. Here is Quayd sitting on the stage by the cake walk. Well, what a great Birthday. I am so blessed and so grateful for the life that I have and all of the blessings I enjoy every day. Of course, my #1 blessing is this precious little boy. And I guess his dad is in a close 2nd place! I am so happy to be a mom. There is nothing in this world better than being a mom. Brett says that being a dad is better, but it can't be. It causes quite an arguement actually, but I know that I am right on this one. Motherhood is the greatest blessing. Thank you to everyone that helped to make my birthday special. And my everyday special.

By the way, I have since had two more cupcakes, leaving only one more. I guess I should polish it off too because when you eat crap on your birthday, the calories don't count. Right?

1 comment:

Ramanda said...

Happy birthday you old fart!!!

I did try to call you around eleven or so to wish you a happy birthday but the phone was busy. I resorted to a cheesy mysace comment!

Twenty nine looks good on you!!
I really look up to you. Your humor and love of life is infectious! On the rare occasion that we hang out I always come away feeling loved and just happy, really really happy! I admire your genuine care and concern. I'm done with the butt kissing now.