Thursday, November 15, 2007

the one about enrichment

There is this cute thing going around my neighborhood. It's the fun knock and run thing that you do at Halloween, but it is actually a Thanksgiving theme. There is a nice letter about how we serve one another and how we are thankful for friends and family. Then you hang a sign on your door that says, "Someone is thankful for me." After you have been hit, you have to hit 5 more families. Who ever came up with this idea (wink wink, Tari) is pure genious. We all love to get a special treat at the holidays, but this one is the best yet. Not only do you get a treat, you actually know that someone thought of you and is thankful for you.

Let me tell you how we got hit. We were watching T.V. in the living room Tuesday evening and get a knock knock at the door. Brett answered it and it was a cute little boy from Quayd's primary class. He gave Brett the papers and a tin of cookies. We were so excited! Now you are supposed to make copies of the letter and sign, then hang the sign on your door. Well I didn't hang it right away because I knew I would go make copies first thing in the morning. Well it was not 10 minutes later and "Knock Knock Knock!" We got hit again!! So we got double the treats and we were super excited and felt super loved. Last night I had enrichment meeting, so we didn't deliver our treats, but we will tonight. So, thank you to those people who stopped by with a treat. We are thankful for you too!!!

Let me just tell you about enrichment. I am the enrichment leader in my ward and I am always looking for something new and interesting to try. My dear, sweet, beautiful, talented friend Kandice came to my ward to do a presentation on organizing your life. It was WONDERFUL!!! She did this presentation for her ward and got a great response, so I made her come and do it for mine. She did an amazing job. I was so proud of her. I actually learned a few things about her that I didn't know and I definately learned some things I can do to better organize myself. I know I said it last night, but Thank you Kandice. It really meant a lot to me that you would step out of your comfort zone and do that for me. You are a great friend! You are so knowledgeable and everybody was talking last night after you left about how wonderful it was. For a refreshment, I made this YUMMY pumpkin cake that had a layer of cream cheese in the middle and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. We also served hot apple cider. It was heavenly. Kandice provided me with the recipe, and I am so grateful! It was a hit. I had some left over and took a piece to my grandparents last night, and they gobbled it right up.

I am thankful for Kandice, and enrichment, and my family, and my friends, and my callings, and the treats that came to my door!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh... that pumpkin cake sounds yummy. My husband loves anything pumpkin and I love anything with cream cheese. Would you be willing to share your recipe?

Kandice said...

aww. you always make me feel so good. I wish our neighborhood would do a thing like that. It is hard clear out here in the country though...lol. nowhere to hide. I would do enrichment for you again anytime, except i already shared my only talent, so I guess that will be the last time. glad the dessert turned out too. have a good day.