Tuesday, November 13, 2007

the one about my turkey sound

I can make an amazing turkey gobble sound. It's true. It is quite amazing, actually. Medically I must have some extra cartlidge in my throat or something because a sound that divine should not come from a human. If you see me around, ask me about it and maybe, if you play your cards right, I might do it for you. But it will require you to share a strange talent with me. Infact, blog about it. I love to share my gifts with the world, but please know that I will not do it in most public places because it is a little intense and tends to frighten small children.

The reason I bring this up is because I had to utilize this gift while helping in Quayd's class today. I actually had to bribe the kids in my "centers" group to finish a project. There was a picture of a leaf, corn, rake, pumpkin, and other fall items. They had to write the word exactly how it was shown by the picture. They were getting bored, so I told them if they got to the turkey page, I would do my turkey sound. Well, it worked. And after recess, I totally did it and they were facinated. And I am sure Mrs. R was impressed. NOT! (I bet I don't get a substitute job from her anytime soon!)

I also had to break out the gobble at Bingo the other night. They had a raffle for turkeys. When Brett and I won one, I was inspired to gobble. It just came over me and I couldn't stop it.

Thank you for sticking through this terrible blog so you could learn another bizarre fact about me. I love this time of year, not only because it gives me lots of opportunities to show of this skill, but also because it remends me to be thankful for all of the real gifts I posess. Please share with me your strange talents. Let us all be grateful for ALL of our blessings.

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

well a strange talent from me... i pee when i run.. oh thats not strange thats sick.. cant help it.. need medicine.. Love you

Tari said...

sorry Mandy no strange talents here, infact no real talents at all. I tell randy I'm just one of those medeoker people always right in the middle at everything I do. Not terrible but not real good either. But I am thankful for your stange talents! And why didn't you share your gobble at lunch?