Monday, November 5, 2007

the one about my sick obsession

Is there anything cooler than searching your skin and finding a huge white or black head that is ripe for the picking? I sure don't think so. I love it when I find such a treasure and when I squeeze it, GOOD STUFF comes out. I get a little freaky sometimes and I can't stop myself so I will have a scabbed face for a week. I BEG Brett to let me get a hold of him because he always has some good ones. But a word of advice, don't try to be sneaky and pick at Brett because he has a hot temper and a low pain tolerance. He occasionally lets me get a big juicy one, but it comes with a hefty price tag. I won't go into details.

My poor family and friends know what a freak I am, so they allow me to get my fix when I can. When we were on our cruise a month ago, we got a knock-knock-knock at our state room door. I opened it and it was cute little Talia. She said she had a present for me. "What could it be?" I wondered. Candy? Roses? A new shirt? No! To my surprise, it was a HUGE zit! She let me pop it and it was wonderful. And one time this last summer, Cory called me and told me he had a real beauty on his nose and that he would be down in a while for me to pop it. Sweet!

My mom got me the coolest mirror for my Birthday that magnifies 8 times! She has one and knows I have been coveting it for a long time. It has a bright light and I just adore it. Janni bought me a sweet tool that estheticians use and I love it. It brings me so much joy. It is my prized posession. I also have some super pointy tweezers, sharp cuticle trimmers and the Pampered Chef orange peeler tool, and I use those for all sorts of picking. I love this Neutrogena deep cleaning astringent and Germ-X. If a product says, "Deep Cleansing," "Anti-Bacterial," or "Sharp Pionty Devil Tool," then you can guarantee I will buy it. These are a few of my favorite things!!!

Yesterday, I started picking at myself with my tool, then convinced Brett to let me get some blackheads on his nose. Apparently I got a little rough and he wanted to pay me back, so he took the tool to my neck. He noticed some monsters in between my chins but he couldn't get them. I knew that Kimmie Gibler would be so excited, since we share the same obsession, so I headed off to her house. She turned on her big spot light, layed me down on the couch and picked away. It was great. We both got our high.

So anyway, that is another little fact about me. I know, kinda gross. Don't be discusted, embrace it! If you find a pesky clogged pore, CALL ME! I'm yours. I will drop anthing to get a hold of it. So it might hurt a little, but pain is temporary. A flawless complexion is forever!!!!

6 comments:

Hope said...

Ok, Mandy, that is just weird!

Thanks for a good laugh--I needed it after last night.

And thanks for your comment on my blog. I appreciate it.

You're sweet!

Happy Picking!

Anonymous said...

LMAO! You are hilarious Mandy! Thanks for sharing! It reminded me of that video they showed us in a high school assembly – where they showed a close-up of a giant zit being popped and goop went squirting everywhere – do you remember that? I remember the strangest things, so maybe it’s just one of those weird memories that I have stuck in my head.

Kandice said...

THAT was hilarious mandy. I am soooo the same way. I think we have talked about that before. There in nothing better that a great big juicy zit...LOL. There is also nothing worse than being around a person who has a huge one in clear site that I just die to get ahold of..made my mouth kinda water just thinking of it. how disgusting we are...oh well. ! :)

Tari said...

That's so funny! I just glad you admit that it's a sick obsession. Thanks for all your positive comments on my blog, you know how insecure I am about doing it.

Ramanda said...

Hi. My name is Ramanda and I am a zit picking-holic! My husband has a nose full of blackheads but the cost is too high for me too wink wink! So how exactly do you use the orange peeler? This is by far the funniest blog EVER! Too bad I don't live closer cause I have this doozey on my back that is just calling your name!

Wonderland Girl said...

KINDA gross?? Are you insane??? That is like not kinda but really really super super gross.