Wednesday, November 28, 2007

the one about my new friend and some old ones

I totally made a new friend today and I am super excited about it. Let me tell you a little bit about her. Her name is Kim and this is her blog. http://berezay.blogspot.com/ which is super fun and cute, by the way. It's a must see. Now I have 3 friends and an Uncle named Kim. Kim, her husband and 4 children just moved to town and into our ward. Jason works for Lowe's and he is here to open the new Lowe's store that is coming to town! Yippee! I love Lowe's and I am super excited about it. Their four kids have made a GREAT addition to our primary and I have enjoyed getting to know them over the last few weeks. I don't have any of them in my Sunbeams class, but they do have a daughter in Quayd's class. I don't really know much more about these guys, but I am excited to get to know them better. Kim was tons of fun!

Anyway, I went to Janice's today to rescue her from her "Christmas Hell." Bless her sweet heart, she really struggles with Christmas. I know she has lots of personal reasons that I won't broadcast, but she has been super down this holiday season and I knew I needed to step in and help. I gathered my creativity ammo and went right over. Actually, we went to lunch first and had some delicious chineese food. Then we went to this was cool home decor store and got a few things. Janice was coloring Holly's hair today and while she was working, I was decorating. And my new friend Kim was there to offer her creative eye. Tari even stopped by for a second, then Kandice came too. Our kids are drawing names for Christmas gifts and we are going to have a little Christmas Praty for them in a few weeks. So we took care of the drawing names thing today. Janice's tree turned out great, if I do say so myself. I hope it helped her through her little "rut." I wish I knew what to do for her, but I don't. I love her to death. I try to listen and be there for her but I know I am not very good at it. It's hard. Janice, please know that I am ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS here for you. I love you!

We are going to have a girls night out on Friday. We are planning to go have pedicures, then to dinner and a movie. FUN HUH?!?!? I can't wait. I need it, bad. While Janice and I were going through her closet 'O' decorations, she found something that she had bought for me for my Birthday and forgot about it. So she gave it to me today! Cool huh! I told her to just save it for Christmas, but secretly, I hoped she would give it to me today! ;) It is a cute sign that says "Friends become our chosen family." I love it. It is so cute! Thanks Janice. Again, I love you! Aren't friends great? Mine are. I need a bumper sticker that says, "My friends aren't Honor Students, but they are better than your friends!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That would be THE BEST bumper sticker! And, I have to say you did an AMAZING job with Janice's tree. You are such a good decorator! You would laugh your ars off if you saw mine - it needs, well... you! Mine consists of balls, balls, and hmmmm... more balls.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Thanks again for rescuing me from my Christmas hell. I really did feel better about the season after spending the day with you. And BTW that bumper sticker would be super funny.

Tari said...

The tree looks great, I hope I didn't offend you by assuming you would want to be in charge of the decorations at the Christmas party. I'm sorry! Truly sorry. You just have such an amasing talent that I am so jealous of.

Janice {Run Far} said...

ok now come over and show me how to get the cute layout and paper stuff......... cuz doing my tree was not enough.......:) JK