Tuesday, November 20, 2007

the one about getting into Christmas

I just read Kandice's blog entry for today and it totally inspired me to get in the Christmas spirit. Well, I kind of was already into it, but she inspired me more. After helping in Quayd's class today I took him on a date. (He loves it when I call it a date! I guess because then he knows it is just special mom and Quayd time.) But I let him choose where we would go for lunch which was, of course, Chineese Buffet. Then we went to the local LDS Bookstore and found a new Christmas CD. It is Lauri Carrigan, Christmas Wish. We also got Josh Groban, Noel the other night. That was Brett's pick. It is very good, by the way. In primary, our WONDERFUL chorister (Holly) has been teaching us The Nativity Song and I LOVE it. I have never really heard it because I didn't go to church much as a child. It is so pretty and I have the Children's Primary Songbook on CD so we have had it running on repeat non stop. I am listening to it now. "This is the season, Beloved of the year, sing a rhyme, Christmas time soon will be here.." I was also in the mood for a good read, but nothing too long and complicated, so I got these two short Christmas books. "A Return to Christmas" by Chris Heimerdinger and "A Christmas Melody" by Anita Stansfield. I am glad to pass them along as I finish them, so let me know if you want to read them. Infact, a better idea! All of my friends who like to read should all find a good Christmas story and we could pass them around this season. What do you think??? I know Kandice, Janice, and Holly will be in.... Tari? Alison? Anyone else? One of mine is like 147 pages and the other is around 220. Perfect for a lazy day.

I can't believe it, Thanksgiving is still 2 days away and I am going to put up my Christmas tree either today or tomorrow and I have Christmas music going. Oh well, I love it. I always get into it early. It's really the only thing early about me. I am late for nearly EVERYTHING!

Well, this is kind of a short post, but I am going to go clean my house and get it ready to spread some Christmas cheer. I love you all. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Debra said...

I came across your blog from Ramanda's and I wanted say Hi! I hope you don't mind. It has been forever since I've seen you or Brett, It was fun to see your blog. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!