Tuesday, April 15, 2008

the one about my missing ring

Remember how I lost my wedding ring? Well we have still been searching for it, but we were just waiting for one last heap of snow to melt so we could check the only place we haven't torn apart.

I noticed the other day that the snow was melted. I just had this great feeling tonight that I was going to find it. We took some rakes and flashlights. The park was really lit up, I was surprised. It's definitely not that bright in the winter when you are searching for a lost ring in the foggy cold snow. Errrrrrrrrr. Anyway, we searched and searched.

No luck.

We did find some mushy sidewalk chalk, a lapel pin of an eagle wing or something, a few broken Christmas decorations and lights, a beer bottle cap, tons of cigarette butts, a quarter, and a dime. As Brett and I were searching, Quayd got a hold of the sidewalk chalk. Unfortunately, he wasn't helping much in the ring search, so we told him to do whatever to keep himself occupied. He said he wanted to help, and I think he did.

This is what he did, all by himself. (ring lost)
How sweet is that?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so sweet of him. I wonder if you could put an ad in the paper saying when/where you lost your wedding ring and if anyone finds it (or has already found it) to contact you and there would be a $50 reward or something. I hope you find it.

Wonderland Girl said...

that still makes me so sick. I am so sorry you didn't find it!!

Kelli said...

I looked at the picture before I read and I was hoping someone else wrote that they found it. hehe. Sorry, Hope you find it. I am going to have to go back and look for that post about your ring missing..........

Brooke said...

Quayd is such a sweetie. I feel about Quayd just the way you do about Bec. Thanks for your sweet comments. We're so glad you guys are our neighbors! I know Bec loves you, too!

And, holy cow! I didn't ever know about Brett's motorcycle accident. I swear I live under a rock sometimes...

Megan said...

Quayderade is such a babe! My dad is a big metal detector. Maybe he could help you? He found a friend of mines ring in the arena once!

ALL ABOUT US said...

Oh he is so cute!! Mandy how are you? I used to see you all the time when I would you would be leaving primary and our ward would be going in...But we have kinda been slacking in going to church hahah but anyways I'm glad I found your blog!! keep in touch
Marlie