Wednesday, April 16, 2008

the one about Shae and my-pod

You know, I am NOT a total idiot. I consider mysef pretty smart. Not intellegent or anything, but smart enough. I do pretty well on computer stuff. I learn quickly and I catch on easily. But I just can't wrap my head around this Ipod stuff. Seriously. I just don't get it. Like, where does the music go? Or come from? And how does it fit on that tiny little thing. I mean, it's smaller than a CD or cassette tape, so, like, really. Where does it go? And if its 1GB or 17 million GB, it makes no sense. 2 ipods look exactly the same, but one is 4GB and the other is 8GB. What does that mean, anyway? And how does more music fit on one that the other? THEY ARE THE SAME SIZE! It confused almost as much as fax machines. I just can't figure out how they get that image through the phone line! And satelite TV. WOAH... Don't get me started.

K, I really don't expect answers to these mysteries of the world of Mandy, because lets face it. If you answer it, I am still so dang confused.

But anyway, onto the real purpose to this post. At work, I sit in a corner and do my work. We visit off and on, but it is usually pretty quiet. Emily, that I work with, listens to books on tape, but the CD player is far enough away that I can't really hear it, and I just can't get into it. I finally did something I never thought I would do. I invested in an Ipod. Yes, an Ipod. The very thing that has caused me so much stress and confusion in my life. The way it all came about, though, is pretty funny. Allow me to expand...

I talked to Brett's cute little cousin Shae the other day about Ipod's. I told her my needs and she gave me some suggestions. She is a crazy 15 year old girl, who is a genious by the way.She had an old Ipod Nano that had a cracked screen. Cute colr, huh. It worked fine, just the screen was messed up. She let me use it so I could decide if that is what I wanted or not. I spent most of Sunday afternoon with her making a playlist, downloading songs and getting it all set up. I was super excited to have a real live ipod! Well guess what... I am to stupid to work it! It was just too much! I couldn't figure it out. There were just too many buttons and such. I am so grateful for Shae though, because she totally hooked me up and it made up my mind of what I wanted. I loved having music at my fingertips, but that was all just too complicated so I called her again yesterday and made her come with me to Wal-Mart and I bought the perfect, user-friendly, idiot proof ipod. A shuffle! And its even cute and purple! So I was back at her house, adding some songs to my playlist and transfering it all over to my very own ipod. I feel so up-to-date and high-tech. Even though it is a sorta dorky shuffle!

But i do have to give a shout out to Shae. The coolest girl ever. She has been so helpful to me. I even made her a ton of yummy cupcakes to begin to pay her back. We have been hanging out for 2 days doing this stuff, and I really appreciate her. A lot. She is like my new BF. She is the cutest girl ever and I love her to death. THANKS SHAE!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I am so with you on all that stuff. I dont get it either. I really want an ipod. I mean I cant be caught dead with a walkman or portable cd player, but I cant work my sons Ipod so I guess I will listen to the radio in the car!. hehe

Jamie said...

More cowbell baby!!!

Janice {Run Far} said...

That is a cute little purple Suffle, Tay loves her pink one we baught for her b-day. I still stuggle with mine and I have had it for over a year, so don't feel bad.

Kelli said...

great job to you and Kandice on the poem and basket

Megan said...

You will love your ipod. I am on my 2nd one. I lost my first one, and yes I have to buy the big expensive ones because I have tons of songs on mine. I also love the shuffle! I wear it to work out. It's perfect!

Tari said...

The shuffel is not dorky! I think it is the coolest. who's ever going to fill up a bigger one anyway. Randy has a video Ipod and I looked at the usage on it the other day, he's only using like 10% and he's had it for like three years. He's got tons of music and videos on it. The suffle is perfict, it's little and cute and holds plenty. And doesn't cost as much!!
I got to get me one. Are they still on sale?