Sunday, April 6, 2008

the one about my smartie-pants husband

I have to give a big shout out to my wonderful husband! I am so crazy proud of him! I am gonna brag a little, and I bet he will never even know. He never reads my blog. He thinks its weird that I put our family story on the Internet for all to read. He is a weird-o. Anyway, I am going to brag on him anyway. I mentioned in an earlier post about him taking classes, and finally being finished. Well, he took the EMT course offered here in town and he passed on his first try. He had great scores and I know he will be great at being an EMT. He has always wanted to take the class and when the fire department offered to pay for it, he jumped on the opportunity. He is not quitting his "day job" or anything, but he is thinking about taking a few shifts on weekends. Mostly for fun. It is just a goal he set, and he accomplished it! I am so proud of him. He has done so much to further his education in the safety/fire/medical fields. You may or may not know this about him, but he went to police academy, and is P.O.S.T. certified. He just never per sued it. He finished at a strange time in our lives. I had just found out I was pregnant with Quayd and I ended up getting really sick. There were no jobs available at the time, and when one did become available, out of town, he knew he would have had to take all of the night shifts. I had just given birth and was WAYWAYWAY sick. I had to have a "babysitter" 24/7 and the scheduling just didn't work out. So he moved on to something else. I feel a little responsible for him giving up on that dream, so I try extra hard to support him in all of his other stuff. He is very involved in the volunteer fire department. He takes tons of classes, lots of meetings, he is the Assistant Chief and he is very good at what he does. I am so proud of him. He is one of the smartest people I know. I joke that he "thinks he knows everything!" But he really kindof does know everything. I love him to death and I am so proud to be his wife! These pictures are from his EMT class. They had to learn Extrication, and Brett already knew everything about it, so he ended up teaching the class that day! Isn't that weird!?!? He was a student in the class, but taught that part of it. Way to go Brett!









So Brett is a cutie and he really has a super cute butt. You can't really tell from this picture, but I decided to post it anyway.

1 comment:

Kandice said...

Good job Brett. I am very proud of you. I hope I never have an accident, but at least I know you would get to save my life.