Thursday, July 24, 2008

the one about being sad

No, no. Not me. I am not sad. Thanks for worrying about me though. The other day, I was on the computer and Quayd had been outside playing with his cousins. He and Brennen had a fight and Quayd came in the house and wanted to watch cartoons while laying on my bed. I got him all set up, then I came back out the the computer. I had been playing for a little bit when I heard a little pitter patter. I looked up and Quayd had sat this beside me. I replied with this. I took it in to him and talked to him and tried console him. He told me that he just needed his mom and some cuddle time.

So you wanna know what we did? We got us a treat and snuggled in my bed for a while. We watched his new favorite show, iCarly. It was great. Sometimes I need a little snuggle time with my boy just like he needs some snuggle time with his mommy. I am just so grateful that he still wants to have snuggle time with me.

I laughed so hard when he brought the magna doodle to me. My mom tells me all of the time that I used to write, "I am sad" on a piece of paper with a big frownie face and give it her. She still has some of the notes. I was surprised that Quayd came up with this on his own. We have never told him about how I used to do that or anything.

4 comments:

Cara said...

awwww you are such a good mommy! Quayd is so lucky to have you!

Tara L. said...

That is so sweet. Everyone needs a little snuggle/cuddle time every once in a while.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh my word, he is to cute for words. And you are the best mommy ever. But I have to admit, I was kind of hoping he was going to tell you he was sad cause he missed me and the girls.. LOL I know,I am pathetic.
Have a happy day!

Chauntue Peterson said...

oh how sweet treasure these memories they will be just memories way to fast