Wednesday, July 23, 2008

the one about Jaws

Ok. This is such a funny story. I hope I can do it justice by typing it. I have to give you some background first though.

When my brother was born, he was the first grandchild. Somehow, he started calling my Grandma Ga. It stuck and we have all called her that forever. Still, to this day, we call her Ga. When Brayden was born, we taught him that she was Ga. I guess he couldn't get the "G" sound, so he called her Da. Now the younger kids call her Da.

I am babysitting my nephews today, and it was so hot outside. I suggested that we go swimming in their pool. They called their mom and she said it was fine. We were all having a swell time and I knew that Ga would like to come and watch them. Besides, it was such a nice day out, I thought she would enjoy some sunshine. I called her and she was so excited to come over. She said she would be right over. I was out of the pool laying out and they boys were swimming. I said to the boys, "Da is coming to watch you guys swim." Brayden and Quayd didn't really react, but Brennen quickly hoped out of the pool. I didn't really think much of it. He was acting really strange though, then he asked, "When?" I said, "In just a few minutes." It had been a few minutes and I think it was Brayden who said, "When is Da coming?" Then Brennen quickly asks, "Wait. Who is coming???" I said, "Da." He got the funniest grin on his face and said, "Oh. I thought you said JAWS!" Then he hopped back in the pool.

It was so funny. What a nut!

Brennen

(this was actually taken when we went to the lake with these guys a few weeks ago)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new template!! You did an awesome job! It's super cute!

Cara said...

way cute new layout and I love jaws too!

Chauntue Peterson said...

kids are to funny, super cute new blog

Janice {Run Far} said...

what a little nut. Da/Jaws, I can see why he thought you said that. He is so funny, tell him and Quayd Taylor say Hello.