Tuesday, July 22, 2008

the one about our Vacation Jars

Brett's parents always had this huge jar that they filled with change. Sometimes when they went on vacation, they would cash it all in. I am amazed at how much they really accumulated in their change jar. Quayd loves that change jar, by the way. Papa used to always give him quarters out of it and Quayd thought that was just the coolest thing. Anyway, over the last few months, we have been saving our change in a vacation jar and we cashed it in and took it to Lagoon. (Don't worry, the $60.00 we had in it went in the gas tank, as well as all of the other money we had saved!!!) So since we cashed all of that money in, it was time to start a new Vacation Jar. I actually made four smaller jars. One for my bedroom, one for the kitchen, one for Quayd's room and one by the washer and dryer. (I find lots of money there!) I have the jars sealed so we can't steal out of them. (Except when I REALLY need Wendy's money, right jme?) They all look alike, but I thought they turned out pretty cute. What do you think?
Quayd put the first money in! All of the change we had left over from our Lagoon trip, which was not very much!

4 comments:

Cara said...

I love your jars! We do the same thing but we have one of those blue hideous water jugs so it never looks like it is full and then SURPRISE it is a huge chunk o change!

Chauntue Peterson said...

ya, that never works for us we always steal out of them I should seal them like you said that's a better idea.

Tara L. said...

Cute jars, and great idea.

Kelli said...

YOu should make a few more and sell them. I bet if you put Quade out on a table at the park or in front of your house with his cute little face, he could sell them lickitysplit. make a few more bucks.