Friday, July 11, 2008

the one about four wild and crazy girls

Oh my gosh, I have had the funnest couple of days!!! My friend Janice is moving next week, and I have been trying to get in as much time as I can with her. And boy, have we had fun!

When she moved here a few years ago, she was one of the first friends I had after having my baby. I was so sick for so long, and being a new mommy, I didn't have much of a social life. She was in the same ward as one of my other friends, Valeri. Valeri told me that this cute girl in her ward, Janice, was starting a BUNCO group, and would I like to join. I really needed some friends so I gladly accepted. Janice and I hit it right off. We became really good friends really quickly. She really helped me to open up and to just enjoy life. I know that sounds strange, but I was in a really dark place after all I had been through with my health. I was scared that whatever I did, I might die. I was really having some depression and weird issues at that time. (Awkward moment...I don't want you to think I am a freak, but I also want you to understand that I was really having a hard time.... Awkward.....) Anyway, Janice probably doesn't even realize it, but she really helped to pull me out of that stuff. She was so cute and fun, and I just couldn't believe that someone like her liked someone like me. It was awesome to have a friend that I really connected with. Ok, moving on. About a year later, I met Kandice. Kandice joined Bunco, and the three of us were great buddies. A little while later, Holly moved to Vernal and she was an instant friend to all of us. It is weird to say, but it was just like we had all known each other before. (And personally, I believe we did!) We were inseparable! There was never a struggle for attention from the other ones, no jealousy, and no back stabbing. Kandice, Holly and I don't have sisters, so we all decided that the four us us were adopted sisters and we were meant to be friends forever. Of course, things change, people change, we move on, our lives change, we find other friends, we have other things that occupy our time, we have babies, we struggle with depression and anxiety, among other things, and, well.... unfortunately, it just CHANGED! The four of us have still been awesome friends, don't get me wrong! But we just haven't been able to spend as much time together, as just the four of is. Do you get what I am saying?

Anyway, Kandice, Holly and I made a scrapbook highlighting our friendship to give to Janice as a "moving away" gift. We wanted to be able to give it to her with just the four of us. So we went to lunch on Wednesday then hung out for awhile after that. They had Bunco that night and someone cancelled at the last minute. I quit the group several months ago, so I went as a sub. We sat together, for awhile and just had a BLAST!

After Bunco, the four of us decided to go out for dessert. We just giggled and had the best time. We actually wondered if the "over-friendly" dessert chef slipped some kind of drug into our dessert because we just got SO SILLY! We drove around and laughed. We got out of Holly's van and laughed. We trespassed on private property and laughed. We peed outside and laughed, and I think the laughing caused is too pee some more! We even jumped on a trampoline and laughed. And I am pretty sure all of the jumping caused more pee! We went on a short hike in the moonlight, of course laughing more! Anyway, that is all I am going to say about our adventure, but Kandice said it well.... It was good clean fun! (wink, wink, right girls!)

During our hike, I fell climbing over the fence and my "FRIENDS" thought it was funny so they took pictures of my pain. I was COVERED in pokey things after falling into a sticker bush. I even had a sticker in my eye! Right in the tear duct. OUCH!








We had so much fun! We also spent part of yesterday together and it has just been a blast. I love these girls and I hope we can have more fun like this in the future. Janice, good luck with your new "adventure." Come and visit us! Holly and Kandice, thanks so much. You guys are the best!

4 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

What can I say? These are some memories that will last forever. The entire day was so much fun and unforgettable... Thanks so much for the book and for all the laughs.....

I will never forget "Crack the egg" and the "Clean fun" we had.

P.S the Girls LOVE LOVE LOVE their own special book as well. Taylor and Morgan made me read it several times. It is truly priceless...
Love you mean it...;)

Kandice said...

hehe. That was SO fun. I am so glad you guys let me "influence" you in such a clean way. Thanks for going along with my antics. Luv yer guts right back!, and I hope your eye is better.

Chauntue Peterson said...

That bring's back memories. Joey and I were like that in High School, every one always thought we were on something but we were stone soaber, we just new how to have fun and enjoy life. Glade you guys had fun, good friends are hard to come by.

Holly said...

um, yeah. You guys are crazy and I love you all to death! Nuf said!