Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the one about feeling blue, reversed

So, I have been a little blue lately. I have just been feeling all alone. I know.... sounds corny. But I can't help it. Several events have triggered my case of the blues. One of them being the fact that my friend Janice moved clear across the country. It affected me a lot more than I imagined. I knew I would be sad... don't get me wrong, but the emotions I felt really took me by surprise. I cried for days and everything. We ended up being on vacation on the day they left, and I am really glad about that. We sorta said goodbye the Monday before they left, but I planned on seeing her again before I left for vacation on Tuesday. Well, I just couldn't. One goodbye was hard enough. So when I was almost to Salt Lake, I called her and told her I was gone. Then I cried some more. These pictures were taken a few weeks before she moved at a BBQ we had at Kandice's. Another thing I was a little sad about was that the week I got back from vacation, I couldn't find anyone. Kandice was at a family reunion, Holly visiting her family, Tara was busy and worn out after their many trips right in a row and Brett was gone a lot. So I just kinda felt alone and left out. I wanted to see the movie Mamma Mia SO bad, but I didn't have anyone to go with. I had invited a few people, but for different reasons, it just didn't work out. I was so sad about it, so on Saturday afternoon, I went by myself. The show was SO good! I loved it. I mean REALLY LOVED IT! I want to go again. I think Holly and I are going to go when she gets back. Janice went and saw it alone in Kentucky around the same time I went so we text each other and called when it was over. It was cool! I actually didn't mind going alone. I didn't have to share the arm rest, I pigged out on my own popcorn (which was So good that day!), and I even crunched my ice when my diet coke was gone, and I didn't feel guilty about it. Even though I enjoyed going alone, it is still funnere to go with friends. Anyway, I started feeling better. (Don't worry about me, its really no big deal. I was just kinda down. I don't need sympathy or anything.) I started to feel like I am back to my old self. The emotions have tamed a bit and I am much better. My friend Chauntue called and invited me over on Saturday morning and I had a great time with her and Joey. Thanks girls! Sorry I had to take off early. (dang kids!) My mom took me to lunch yesterday to help cheer me up, and it was nice. We even went to my favorite place! Canton City. Well, anyway... Kandice got back last weekend and invited Quayd and I over today for swimming, slip and slide and lunch. We had a ball!!! When I say swimming and slip and slide, that means me and Kandice too! We were so dumb, but it was a blast. We lined up with the kids and patiently waited our turn. Little Hallie, though, was a bit of a line cutter! I had to call her out on it a few times. ;) Kandice filled the pool with water from her kitchen sink and it was so warm, so we totally sat in it. It was NICE! At one point, she noticed a black head on my back and I invited her to search for more. You all know how we LOVE picking! It was funny. We had a great time. It was a well needed break too. I am so grateful that she invited us over. I think she knew I needed something fun to do. What a great friend. Anyway, here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure... Thanks Quayd for the pictures! Good job, buddy! Oh yah! And Kandice got on the trampoline for awhile and check out her sweet back flip! Again, thanks to all of you who have worked on cheering me up. I have such great friends and family. I love you all!

5 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh my word, i loved this post so much. i loved watching Mamma Mia (by self) and thinking of you watching it too. I loved that you and Kandice sent me the picture of the two of and the slip and slide to my cell phone.. that made me smile. I love that when you went to Canton with your mom you sent me a picture of your food and one of mommy eating her lunch. Thanks for including me on all of your adventures even if it was via picture cell phone, it made me feel like I was with you. I am glad you are feeling blue, in reverse. love you mean it

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh ya, I was going to say that wathcing Kandice do her back flip made me all nervous and tense up. I guess I kind of felt like I was doing on too. LOL...

Tara L. said...

I want to see Mama Mia. I would have gone with you. Glad you are feeling better. I love your blog by the way.

Kandice said...

hehe. umm, remind me that I need to lose like 25 lbs before I jump on a trampoline again. I could see all sorts of things jumping out of place...lol. Thanks for coming over, good times, good times! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling blue, too. :( My best friend just told me today that she's moving across the country. The only good thing about it - she' only 5 hours away from Greg & Janice, so I could kill two birds with one stone and visit them both in one trip! But I am sad. :(