Saturday, January 19, 2008

the one about MY bear blank

So After I posted the other day about Quayd's bear blank, I started thinking of all of the people, ADULTS, that I know that have a bear blank of some sort. (Kandice, Amy, Talia, Holly, Gleneita, Brett) Do you have one? Tell me about it. Infact, I challenge all of my blogging friends to blog about their favorite blanket. Don't be ashamed. Don't be embarassed. We are all adults here. Stand up for your believe in a blankie, woobie, ne-ne or whatever else you might call it.

Let me start it off. I am proud to say, this is my blankie....
And it has quite a story.... This blue blankie was actually my father-in-law Mike's. Brett and I had only been married for about a year or two and I had been at my in-law's and fell in love with this blanket. It turned into quite a war between Mike and I, because I would threaten to steal it all of the time. He would throw a total fit about it and tell me that if it ever came up missing he would know where to look. Well this playful fight went on for about a year. One time, I can't even remember why, but I just took it! I did it because I wanted it, but also to see how long it would take Mike to realize it was gone. He didn't have the best memory! To my surprise, it took no time at all for him to miss it. He called me and asked if I had seen it. I jokingly told him I hadn't. I know that he knew exactly where it was, but he played along. I kinda think he secretly liked knowing that I was so in love with this blanket. So I had it for a few years, and one time when we were camping, he came in our trailer and spotted it. He laughed and I hid it! Well he snuck back in and stole it later. Then I marched right over to his trailer and stole it back. It was a joke forever! Like I said, I really think he liked knowing that I had it. It is just a simple tied quilt and it's actually made out of sheets. And not even attractive sheets! But they must have a very high thread count or something because it is truly the niceset fabric in the world. It like, always stays cool. Its crazy, but I love it. It is the same on the top and bottom. I think Gleneita had made it for Mike several years before. He still gave me a hard time about it! I have made really nice blankets for almost everyone in the family except Mike and I, so I had decided that for Christmas this year I was going to take it apart and get that great minkie fabric and turn in into two blankets. One for me and one for Mike. Unfortunatley, I didn't get to do that. So it is still the same. And I love it. And everytime I snuggle in it, I think of Mike and all of the crap he used to give me about that blanket.

Remember, I told you that Morgan is staying with us for a few days, well here is her blankie, "Deet-Deet." (by the way, PLEASE don't tell Janice how awful she looks! She totally ripped out her not-so-cute-to-start-with pony tails. I am not quite as good at doing cute girl hair as her!)
Last night for Morgan's bed, I actually laid my blanket down for her to sleep on. That is big for me! I don't like to share my blanket! But just like I do when I have it, she slept like a baby! (Speaking of Morgan, Quayd couldn't stand it last night. He HAD to get in the porta-crib with Morgan. He offered to sleep in there to keep her company, but I assured him she would be fine!)

And of course, Quayd and the famous Bear Blank.

This is Brett's blanket. I made it for him for Christmas last year and I used lots of outdoor prints, and plaids. If you look to the right of the photo you will notice a skinny strip of the blue bear fabric from bear blank. I used that scrap of bear blank after previous renovation project. I thought Brett would like to have that little piece as a memory. As soon as Quayd saw that on Christmas Day, 2006, he quickly named Brett's blanket "Big Bear Blank."

Now please, take my challenge and blog about your blankie! It will be fun to see how many of you really have one!

2 comments:

Hope said...

I don't have a blankie, but I already told you about my little "Big Bird" doll!

Janice {Run Far} said...

My bear blank is the quilt you made me for christmas last year