Monday, January 7, 2008

the one about my big let down

Well, crap.

Today, I had an appointment with the lady who was going to help me get financial aid for my college. She gave me a list of things to bring and be in her office at 9:00 am. I shouldn't call her "lady," it's Kathy. Anyway, I was all good to go and after my appointment I was going to finish registering. My first class was tonight.

Well, guess what?

We make too much money and I can't get financil aid. CRAP! There are other ways for me to get money and scholarships, but I am too late to apply and get help for this semester. So I have to wait unitl Summer.

I am so bugged and frustrated. I was so geared up and so excited, and then..... the big let down.

Bummer.

Oh well. It must be for a reason and I am trying to have a positive attitude.

3 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

I was so sad to hear about your big let down. BUMMER. Good luck and I really hope it works out for you to get the money for next tri or semester or however it works.

Kandice said...

Aww blast Mandy. I'm so sorry. School is such a frustrating process in itself without all the financial registering bull crap. I guess that will give us a little more time to play before you officially become a student. I am sorry for your dissapointment though. :(

Hope said...

I think Kandice makes a good point. It's disappointing, especially since you were so jived...but try to look at this as an opportunity to do some things that it may be harder to find time for once you start school. Make a list of things you'd really like to accomplish during the next 3-4 months and it will make the time fly. Or, just make a list for the fun of it! I love lists!

Sorry for the let-down--hang in there! Stay enthused about it...you're going to be great at it!