Sunday, January 27, 2008

the one about my personal hell

Hello friends! I have kind of been in a weird mood today, so I decided to play on the computer and unwind. I did my usual, checked email then checked blogs. I went to Kandice's and she had posted about this personality test she found online. I decided, "What the heck?" and took it myself. I really liked what it said about me, so I would like to share. Some of the things are like me but I don't think I am as great as this makes me sound, so I guess I will try to work on being more like this...

Mandy, your true color is Green!
You're green, the color of growth and vigor. Good-hearted and giving, you have a knack for finding and bringing out the best in people. Green is the most down-to-earth color in the spectrum — reliable and trustworthy. People know they can count on you to be around in times of need, since your concern for people is genuine and sincere. You take pride in being a good friend. For you, success is measured in terms of personal achievement and growth, not by status or position. Rare as emeralds, greens are wonderful, natural people. It truly is your color!


Isn't that nice? I hope I can be the friend that people feel like they can count on. I know I am not perfect, by any means, but I do consider myself pretty dependable. And I try to be trustworthy. Really, if you tell me a secret, I will do everything I can to keep it that way. (Except I usually tell Brett EVERYTHING!) I also try to be giving and put other's needs before mine. I'm not the best at it, though, but I try really hard.

It wasn't in my test results, but I want to talk about some of my other personality perks and flaws. Is it weird to talk about ME some more? I hope not, because, afterall, it is my blog.

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really hate confrontation. I am a peace maker. I just want everyone to be happy and at ease. It seems like a good trait, but its not. It sucks. I seem to always be more worried about what everyone else is feeling, and then my own concerns get put on the back burner. I don't ever ever ever want to hurt any feelings, so I put up with lots of crap to avoid any trouble. Not only do I want everyone to like me, but I want them to like everyone that is important to me. My dear sweet husband is VERY opinionated and I often feel like I am trying to smooth over some of the things he has said so nobody feels uncomfortable. That's stupid. I know. He is himself, and I am me. I don't have to be responsible for anything that he says. Nor does he need to feel responsible for the stupid things I say. Why do I put myself through it? I do this with some of my friends too sometimes. Kandice and I were talking about it last night, and we decided that it is hard to be the "smooth it over" people. How do the opinionated people get away with it? We take what they say and just brush it off. We say, "Well, that is just Brett." (Or whoever it is; sorry I am usuing you, Brett, as the example of my opinionated person! ((LOVE YA!!!))) and then it is all over. I think that if I ever said some of those things I would upset everyone. But why do I care? And when did I get put into this roll? Can I ever get out of it? What would happen if one day I just stood up and said what I was feeling?......... ...................................... ..................................... ............ ....... ........................................................ ............................................... .............................................. But you know what I decided? I probably never will. I will probably go on forever being the way I am. You know why? Because that is what makes me ME! So I guess it's really not all that bad. I know I have MANY MANY MANY flaws, but is all I can do is just keep on being me. I am trying my best and that is all that matters, right?

So I just read through what I just wrote and I was seriously worried that I might offend someone. So I almost didn't post it. But then I realized that it is my blog, and my journal and I can write what ever the heck I want, right!?!?!?!?!? So please don't be upset. K?

Oh, and I am crazy indecisive. Maybe you didn't notice that yet. Or maybe you did.

this is my personal hell.

If you think you are interested in taking this quiz.... here is the website. http://web.tickle.com/color/ Maybe you don't want to though. It has really opened a can of worms for me. Yikes!

So sorry for this strange blog entry everyone. I told you from the beginning that I was in a weird mood.

6 comments:

Tari said...

I'm there with you mandy! but the older I get or maybe it's the longer I've been married to Randy, I get more and more mouthy. Randy told me the other day that was one of his favorite things about me is how I just say it how it is and don't try and suger coat things for him. I'm mostly like that with him everyone else I try and step on egg shells to please.

Tari said...

I jsut took the test Red! So not me. Well a few things were. I must just be in a red mood?

Janice {Run Far} said...

I took the test.... Green that is what I am. i feel good about what it had to say.

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that there are no accidents that you married your Brett. What a blessing for both of you...you to learn how to be more vocal and him to learn how to be more peaceful. I think that's seriously my favorite thing about marriage (besides the sex :)) what we bring to the table for each other!

Anonymous said...

So I took that test and I'm green too. I'm still a believer that we attract what we are! :)

Wonderland Girl said...

I'm that person too. One day a lady asked me to do something. I of course said yes. Even though it was something I should NOT feel obligated to do, even though it was something she should NEVER have asked me and even though I already have that same obligation for another...um...someone? Hmm this is getting tricky. Anyway! You know what? I called that lady back and told her NO. And you know what? It didn't make me feel good like it should've!!! It completely ruined my ENTIRE WEEK with guilt. Grrr.