Saturday, January 26, 2008

the one about Skeet

Skeet is my cat. He is my precious, beautiful, spoiled rotten, loveable, cuddly baby. I have had him for about 7 years, I think. We adopted him from the animal shelter after my other 2 cats died. (I wrote all about that terrible tragedy in a blog entry a few months ago.) He is a HUGE tom cat with a weight problem.

So anyway, Skeet loves me so much. Everynight around bedtime, he comes looking for me meowing to make me come to bed. For about a half hour or so in bed, he gets right on top of me so I can scratch him. Brett loves Skeet, but we make him sick and he gets totally annoyed with Skeet and I. Skeet used to be Brett's cat, but at some point after I stopped working and started staying home all day, he became MY cat. So, during our "cuddle time," Skeet will get right in my face and lick me, purr and flop his whole body all over me. He is so cute and sweet. I just love him to death. The funny thing is, he cuddles me before he is ready to go to sleep, but when he is finished, he goes to Brett's feet and stays there all night. Then when he wakes up, he comes right back up in my face to wake me up so I can love him. This morning, Brett was getting ready to leave and Skeet was in his favorite place. So Brett grabbed the camera and snapped these photos. I have to warn you though, I am a ROUGH sleeper! I look so scary in the morning and I had only been awake for about 30 seconds, then Brett flipped on the light, and took these. Please don't judge me. I know I am hideous, so focus more on the cat than me. K?

3 comments:

Hope said...

Good morning, beautiful! I just had to comment on your pillowcase...do you have John Deere sheets on your grown-up bed???

:)

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh Morgie loves Skeet... I am sure she misses him.

Who Knows??? said...

If'n ya ever wants to git rid of the kitty, Id be happy to take it fur ya. They taste almost as good as possum with katfish sauce..he he..