Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the one about talking in "O"

Quayd and I have a secret language. Ok, it's not super secret or really even hard to figure out, but it is our language and nobody else speaks it. Just us. To each other.

Let me explain.

A long time ago, Quayd went through a little phase where he started calling Brett, Dad-O. Then it got a little more intense and turned into Mom-O, Quayd-O, Gran-O, Brayd-O, etc. Suddenly, almost every word he said ended in "O." Actually, it was every word that ended a sentence-O. Get it-O? OK-O. It got to the point that it was driving Dad-O and I crazy-O. Brett kinda of freaked about it and told Quayd to stop because it was bugging him so bad-O. But it wasn't that big of a deal to me-O. I actually thought it was cute-O. So we made it our secret-O. We talk in "O" all of the time-O. We love it-O. In honor of "O" I will finish my blog entry in "O" language-O.

Well, one day I was helping in Quayd's class and I saw him from across the room and he looked a little sad-O. I mouthed the words, "I love you-O." He couldn't understand me so I decided we needed a code-O. So after school, I told him that if we ever want to tell each other, "I love you-O," that we could make and "O" with our hands and that would be our signal for "I love you-O."

So now we do that all of the time-O. It's my favorite thing in the world-O. No no no no, THIS is my favorite thing in the world-O!

I love my little Quayd-O. Isn't he awesome-O?

5 comments:

Tari said...

You two are so cute-O. Oh how I wish I had that kind of relationship with my boys-O.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Yes he is awesome... I kind of like him and my girls do too. Thanks again for taking the girls last night, I owe you big time-o. Ok sorry I couldn't resist, i will leave it yours and Quayd's thing. Very sweet relathionship you two have.....

Hope said...

Mandy, that is the sweetest little story-O! (I feel like singing "There was a farmer, had a dog and Bingo was his name-O! B-i-n-g-o! B-i-n-g-o!"

Having that little "sign" between the two of you will be something you'll always treasure. It reminds me of the story about Carol Burnette. If you are familiar with her at all, you'll know that at the end of each performance, she tugs her ear. That is a "sign" she has with a loved one (I can't remember if its her mom or grandma, but either way it means I LOVE YOU).

Wonderland Girl said...

He is so darling-o. You'll be so glad you had a blog to remember all the cute things he does-o!

Anonymous said...

Don't ya love all the fun and sweet things kids bring to our lives. Kudos to you for creating them!