Wednesday, January 30, 2008

the one about my new job!!!

I am super excited! I applied for this job at Quayd's school. I have been waiting to hear about it. I finally got called for and interview. I interviewed today, it went great and I got the job!!!!!!!!!! I will be a Teacher's Aide and I will be starting up a new program to work with the "Gifted and Talented" kids. The great thing is... Iwork only 19 hours a week and I will work the very same hours that Quayd is in school. No babysitters needed. I can still sub in the afternoons if I want, so that will be fun. I am super excited and proud of myself. I had to get reference letters, make a resume', wirte a letter of interest and do the application thing. It was super hard. I haven't had to do anything like that for a long time. So I am crazy excited today! Oh, and I start right away.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Congrates, I Know how much you wanted the job, I am so proud of you and really super excited for you.

Tari said...

Congrates! Doesn't it feel so good to do something out of your comfort zone? I know doing stuff like that is so hard for me. When I applied and got the job at PT4K I was stoked! I'm so happy for you!

Tari said...

Congrates! Doesn't it feel so good to do something out of your comfort zone? I know doing stuff like that is so hard for me. When I applied and got the job at PT4K I was stoked! I'm so happy for you!

Hope said...

YIPEE! That is great news and will only enhance your substitute teaching experiences. Kudos!

And sorry to hear about your nails--I would ask "why didn't you just refuse to pay for that" but I know why...because you are too nice and like me, you hate confrontation. Plus, you probably didn't want to disappoint the little guy!

Kandice said...

Congrats! Thanks for texting me when you found out. I was so glad for you, I know you wanted it really bad. I hope that you can keep that job forever and ever and that you like it when you start.