Wednesday, January 30, 2008

the one about my hideous nails!

I have fake nails. I have had them for a long time and I love love love them. I like them pretty short and NOT FLASHY! I like them simple, french manicure. Well, yesterday, I needed a fill in and I happened to have a little bit of spare time. Quayd was with me and we went in. The place I go accepts walk-in's, which is so nice for me. Anyway, Quayd loves it when I get my nails airbrushed, but remember I told you that I can't do the flashy obnoxious thing? So after they filled my nails in, I told them I wanted airbrushing. We went to the display and tried to decide what I wanted on them. Remember, NO FLASHY! Well, Quayd liked the brightest most awful designs. I thought that a simple heart would be nice since it is nearing Valentine's day. I suggested pink, he wanted blue. I didn't want bright so we settled on a baby blue. I told the guy that I wanted hearts on my ring fingers only with a TINY bit of glitter on the white tips of my nails. (I do that a lot and I really like it. It's very subtle. Remember, I don't like bright and flashy.) Well, they work so fast and I wasn't really paying attention, and all of a sudden I had the most obnoxious blue shape on every single fingernail. The shape can only be described as a flower/heart/swirly thing, and of course, they are DRENCHED in glitter. THEY ARE AWFUL!!!!!! I am so embarassed. You should see these ugly things. Oh my heck. Puke. I wanted to use polish remover the SECOND I got home, but my sweet little son said, "Mom, your nails are so pretty. Do you like what I picked out for you?" Well crap. Now I am stuck with them for awhile.

Only 2 weeks until my next fill in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, please do post a picture. We would all love to see your beautiful nails!

You could just walk around with your hands in your pockets for the next two weeks. :D

Janice {Run Far} said...

I need a picture...I need to be sure to not get the same look when I go in.

Tari said...

Don't you love kids! Abbie made me let her do my make up and I forgot about it and answered the door that way, so funny, I looked terrible.

Anonymous said...

you guys are much better mom's than me. I would wear it for a day and then make an excuse like...oh, i was doing dishes and dang it they got all scratched so i had to take it off. AND you guys are better moms than me because you let your children do your makeup and pick your nails. The most I'll let them do is play with my hair...at the end of the day...before my shower. Yea, mom of the year I won't be getting...but i'll put your name in!!! and yes a picture in MANDATORY!!!!