Monday, August 18, 2008

the one about the candy drop


Each year during our county fair, they do a candy drop. They hook candy to parachutes and drop them from a big bucket truck. Well this year, because I was working and Brett was out of town, Quayd didn't get to go and he was devastated. Shae was babysitting for me and I actually thought she was going to take him but it just didn't work out. Anyhow, I felt like the worst mom ever because he missed it. He called me at work crying and everything. Brett and I decided to do our best to make it up to him, so we had our own candy drop at home. Yes, we realize how spoiled he is!!! But since we only get to have one, we can do that stuff. Right? It is one of the benefits of having only one child! I didn't want him to have a ton of candy, so we dropped mini boxes of cereal and chips, capri sun's and school supplies. Brett was such a good sport to climb up on the roof and drop the stuff down. Quayd insisted on catching everything on the trampoline and I got to be the photographer. Quayd loved it, by the way, and so did his parents!!!!





8 comments:

Chauntue Peterson said...

You should have called me I would have took him. CALL me when you need stuff like that I don't mind

Anonymous said...

That's so cute and fun!

Kelli said...

You guys are so funny! I say go ahead and spoil him

Jamie said...

he is a very loved little boy and thats ok!!

Kandice said...

you guys are so cute and good to him. He is a very lucky little boy!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I sure miss that little man!

Cara said...

How cute is that? he deserves to be spoiled!

Lindsay said...

What a good mommy (and daddy, too)! That quayd sure is a lucky little guy!