Friday, August 8, 2008

the one about catching up

I am so sorry to all of my faithful fans who have been waiting ever-so-patiently to hear updates on my boring life!!! I finally finished my books. My friend Cara has a new series for me to read and I am pretty excited! I have this problem, and from reading my friends blogs, I don't think I am alone. When I start reading a book that is ALL I DO!!! My house goes to crap, dinner doesn't get cooked, no clean clothes and of course, no blogging. I love to get that caught up in a good book though. Even though I love love love to read, I feel like I sorta need a break before I start anything new. I need to get my life put back together!

So I went and registered my tiny baby boy for first grade. :( He is super excited about it, but I'm not. I just can't believe he is getting that big. He is the youngest in his class so he will start 1st grade being only 5! But then he will have a Birthday in a couple of weeks, on the 30th. Which brings me to another thing.. Quayd-er-ade's Birthday Party. He has been insisting that it be at the new rec. center so he can swim with his friends. I thought that was fine so I booked it. He is excited and all is going well in the planning department... but I am a little sad. I love to go all out and have a BIG fun party full of games and activities, etc. So this is going to be super easy. I look forward to this stuff and having only one child, I only get to do it once a year. The rec. center decorates and everything. The only thing I need to bring is cake. Of course I will do some party favors and I stole a super cute invitation idea from Holly, so I will be busy enough I guess. I am such a dork with this stuff. I am going with a fish theme. I thought it would be cute with the swimming thing, and Quayd liked the idea, so all is well. Last year it was all pirates. We had a treasure hunt and everything. Anyway, that will be fun for me to get my planning groove on!

So, I have an announcement (I guess) to make. I decided not to return to work this fall as a lunch lady. It has been a huge stress for me to make this decision. I loved my lunch lady job! I am sad that I won't be doing it anymore. I decided that if I was working, I might as well be making money. There is NO money in lunch lady land! After Tara started working at the Holiday Inn Express it really got me thinking. I worked as a front desk clerk several years ago at a local motel and I loved it. Tara was telling me how desperate they were at Holiday Inn, and I decided to apply. I got the job instantly and I had my first shift last night. I think the schedule will work out well so I can work while Quayd is at school. I only want part time. Three or four shifts per week, and lots more money! Its really a fun job, so far. I work again tonight. Last night was SO busy. I didn't really learn a lot but I am a pro at making room keys and baking cookies. I even answered the phones, not having a clue what to do or say but they were so busy, I felt bad just standing there! I hope this works out. I really want to work in Quayd's classroom and working everyday as a lunch lady doesn't allow me to do that. Now I can, and I will still be able to substitute teach a little bit. Two things I had to give up when I started in lunch lady land. We will see how it all goes. I am excited and nervous.

Remember all of our stupid road construction that I have been complaining about all summer? Well, its still going on and I am still complaining about it. We still have not been receiving our mail!!! The actual road is finished. The landscapers have not come to finish their part yet so I still have dirt for my front yard. The mailboxes don't go in until the landscapers come. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! It is making me insane! We still have dirt piled up forever and even though it is totally annoying, the kids LOVE it! They get so dirty and it makes us all crazy, but its also kinda cute how much they love it. I guess I should look at the bright side. It's making them happy and I don't have to water much grass! Anyway, on a few separate occasions, we have been unable to resist the photo opportunities of the three boys (Quayd, Brayden and Brennen) and their pets (Skeet and Fonzie) playing their butts off in the dirt.






1 comment:

Cara said...

I have so been waiting for a new post from you! I look forward to them every day and when I get to work I check your page! Now I have internet at home so I can stalk you there too! Oh did I say stalk? I meant check up on you... that doesn't sound right either... I give up!