Thursday, August 14, 2008

the tag about me and Brett

Cute little Lindsay tagged me. I love her. She is just too sweet. I had a similar tag several months ago, but I decided to do it again, just for fun. We are coming up on our 10 year anniversary and I thought it would be fun to refresh!

How did we meet: Brett and I had known each other for lots of years because we grew up in the same town and went to school together. He is actually a year younger than me so I knew his brother Brandon better because we are the same age. But we became friends the summer before my senior year of high school, and started dating that fall.

Where did you go on your first date: That tough because when you are 16 and 17 you are just together all the time, right? We went to school dances and movies and stuff and we have pretty much been inseparable since then. I don't really know what is a date and what isn't!

How long have you been together? 12 years since we started dating; 10 years of marriage next month. And through the whole thing.... we never broke up, split up, left the other one... Nothing. We have been an "item" since the summer of 1996

Who said ‘I love you’ first? I can't really remember, but I think it was me. I asked Brett though, and he thinks it was him. I hate to admit it, but I was SO into him, and I was probably a little desperate... so I am sure it was me. Like Lindsay, I felt like I needed to claim him.

Who is taller: Brett, lots! He is 6'1" I am only 5'5"

Who sings better: Oh Brett, for sure. I can't carry a tune in a bucket but Brett comes from a very musically talented family.

Who is smarter: Brett. Don't you know? He knows EVERYTHING!!!!

Who does the laundry: Me. Not very efficiently, but I try.

Who does the dishes: Me. Thank goodness for the dishwasher.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: Laying in bed, Brett is on my right side.

Who pays the bills: Both of us. We try to do it together, anyway.

Who mows the lawn: We both take turns at it. We both sort of enjoy it. If Brett is mowing, I usually go outside with him and move stuff as he mows and vice-versa.

Who cooks dinner: Me. I love to cook. Brett can cook, and he is pretty good at it, but I love doing the wife-ey thing and having it ready when he comes home.

Who drives when you are together: Brett always drives long distances. If we are just running around town in my car, then I usually drive. I hate to drive and Brett hates the way I drive.

Who is more stubborn: 100%, no doubt about it, BRETT!

Who kissed who first: He put the move on me!!! But don't worry, I kissed right back!

Who is more sensitive: ME! TOTALLY. I can count on one hand the number of times Brett has cried since we have been together. I can't count on 10 hands how many times I have cried this week!!!!

Who proposed: Brett. I knew it was coming though, and I was in a crappy mood when he did it. When I saw him get on one knee, I was like, "NO!!!! Not now! Not here! It has to be PERFECT!!!!" But he did it anyway. And no offense to Brett, it wasn't very magical. I totally ruined the moment.

Who has more siblings: Brett. He has 2 brothers and a sister. I only have one brother.

Who wears the pants: I let Brett think he wears the pants. But, shhhhhhh. Don't tell him. It is actually me who wears them.

I want to tag Cara, Tara, Shae and Rachel. And anyone else who might be interested!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Aaaaaah! So sweet! I hope you didn't mind being tagged with the same tag again.

Chauntue Peterson said...

wow what a story that is so cool that you have a cool story to tell. Im just waiting around for another post. You are killing us who got addictied to your blog. haha Hope all is well fells like ages since we've talked

Emily said...

It's fun to hear about you two! You are such an amazing couple! I hope all is well.. I miss you the other night at card swap.

Knessa said...

You guys were so funny with each other when we were in high school. Are they dating, or do they just like to torture and pick on each other? When you got married I was kinda surprised. I didn't think you two could do the whole thing seriously. I guess I was soooo wrong. You two are the best couple I have ever know. Loves ya Mandy and Brett!

ps. I ruined my proposal too. It was lame of me, I still have the guilt. gah.