Monday, March 10, 2008

the one about cold spring weather

So it's official. Spring Fever has hit our house, big time! We are all itching to get outside, but it is still just a tad to cold. Janice said it got to 50 today, but 2news said 42 was our high. I don't know.

After work and school, Quayd and I ran to town with my mom and grandma. We had lunch and went to Wal-Mart. Quayd and I wore flip-flops, short sleeves and no jackets. We knew it would be plenty warm, but to our surprise, burr! Then when Brett got home, we decided we would go search for my long lost wedding ring, since the snow is melting at the park. Again, Quayd and I wore flip-flops, short sleeves and no jackets. Still burrr. By the way, no luck. We actually even went to the pawn shop to see if by any chance someone had found it and pawned it. Nope.

Anyway, this is where my story gets very chilly.... tonight, the Galley kids came down to play with Quayd. They went right outside to ride bikes and jump on the trampoline. Brayden and Brennen came over too. I knew they must be freezing, but they didn't care. They played outside for hours! Since the time changed yesterday, it stays light until nearly 7:30. They were loving it, so I ran outside to snap a picture. Look, there is still a ton of snow! That is Brayden and Eli at the top, then Brennen, Quayd and Amelia at the bottom. They are crazy! Check out Brayden's new do, by the way. Thanks Janice! This is just a preview of what our house will be like this summer. We have night games here almost every night! (Watch future blogs for more info.)

I also took picture of the ugly ditch that runs in front our our house. This will be the last time you see it this way because the city is putting in culvert and filling it up. We are so glad! It will be a mess for most of the summer but it will sure be worth it. Last summer, Quayd, Brennen and I were riding our bikes to 7-11 and Quayd lost his balance and rode right into the ditch. It was so scary. He could have and should have been hurt so badly, but he wasn't. It was crazy. Anyway, we are glad to see it leaving! Here are some bad before pictures. I hate this time of year. It is so ugly and brown and dirty. Only a few more weeks until it starts getting pretty. Thank goodness.

1 comment:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Hi-

I swear my indoor temp said it was 50 at one point, but you never really know. I hope Brayden likes his hair, he is such a sweet and awesome boy. I still remember when Quayd rode right into that freaking ditch and when you called me I was at Franny's house and I cried with you, it was so scary. I am glad nothing horrible happened to him. I can't believe they were jumping on the tramp in that cold weather, 42 is nice but still to cold for jumping.
Love ya mean it....