Wednesday, March 12, 2008

the one about reality t.v.

Ohhhhhhh baby! I LOVE t.v. and especailly reality t.v. Since there has been this stupid writers strike, I have really depended on reality t.v. to give me my t.v. fix. I know what you are thinking.... LOSER!! But I just don't care, dangit. I love it and you can't judge me for that!!!

So I feel the need to tell you all about my very favorite Reality show in the whole wide world. It is kind of my guilty pleasure....

Big Brother! I seriously love this show so much. i am totally addicted and I look forward to it all of the time. I was so excited that they decided to have it in the winter this year so i didn't have to wait until summer to get wrapped up in it. Seriously, I am a little embarassed about it, but i don't care, i totally love it. Here is a photo of this season's cast. I even have Showtime so I can watch Big Brother After Dark. That is live feed from the ohouse every night from 10:00pm until 1:00am. No wonder I have trouble sleeping. This season, I am really cheering for James and Chelsia. I love them and would love to see them go far in the game. I also like Ryan, Josh and Adam. And Sheila a little bit. So there you go... my guilty pleasure show.

I have a few other favorites.... American Idol. I am really loving Brooke White and David Archuleta I am not a huge fan of the rocker chick, or the country girl. but I really like Jason Castro. He is a cutie and I really like his style. I could see myself buying David A., Brooke or Jason's CD, so I think they should win. And I should get to go to the final with 10 of my friends. I would take Brett, Quayd (one of the show's youngest fans), Kandice, Jamie, Janice, Stephanie (don't know if she is a fan, but I think she is fun to hang with), Uncle Kim, Holly, Emily A. and Elaine C. from school. Not becasue we are best friends or anything, but because she likes the show and I would like to see her have a good time. And she is cool! We could hang. And if I didn't mention your name and you are a big American Idol fan, I guess I would tell Jason, David and Brooke to let me invite you too. They won't mind. They are way cool like that!

I also love Biggest Loser. My favorite part of watching this show is the weekly competition I have with Brett to see who can eat more junk food before the weigh-in! This week, Girl Scout Cookies were our treat of choice!

Another guilty pleasure show that I love is the Bachelor. I know, I know, its so corny, but I can't help it. I get so wrapped up in it.

I also like Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It always makes me feel so good, like there are still a few good people out there in the world!

Anyway, this is another sad look into the life of me.

My name is Mandy, and I am addicted to reality T.V.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Love Love this post chicky cause those are all my favorite shows!! Who Knew!! Oh wait I dont watch big brother LOL but i know somebody who loves it as much as you!You are a true reality junkie! Thats a good thing as long as you dont start setting cameras all over your house cause we dont want to see what brett has to show us 24/7 LOL jk I could so see that. hmm I hope i didnt put a thought into your head. great post as usual!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm so glad that you'd invite me to come along. :D I don't watch much TV, but when I do I LOVE to watch reality shows! What did we ever do without them? One of my favorites will always be MTV's Real World! They're like the pioneer's of reality TV, and you can always count on something super dramatic happening. :D

Anonymous said...

Admitting, it is the first step...so I've heard! ;) I love Big Brother as well!!!!!!It's just so delicious and I get all my need for drama out of my system by watching theirs! So it's a win/win, I think?! :)

Tari said...

Brooke and David, Brooke and David, they are my favs too. Have you taken Oprah's Big Give and Newlyweds for a spin? They are great too. Because I know there is nother better to be doing on a Sunday night then vegging in front to the TV

Mrs. Green's First Grade Class said...

Hey Mandy,
Totally love, love, love Jason Castro. He is my all time favorite. I mean, I would leave my husband for him! He is so cute and his voice is like...WoW! Love him! I like Brooke too. She is my fav. girl by far!

Holly said...

I, too, LOVE "reality" TV. I am a closet junkie. Very glad to see that I made the top ten list for IDOL. My favs are Jason Castro, Brooke White, Michael Johns, and David Cook. HAte to admit that last one - I tried so hard to not like him, but the last two weeks have sealed the deal!
And yeah that Bachelor is starting up again - the "update" definitely didn't have enough info. What ever happened to Meredith and Ian?

Kelli said...

http://www.blurb.com/ is the websight to have your blog printed and hard bound. I have not done it but if you read near the bottom right it says something about blogs. And my niece (Jamis blog on my sight, right had side) she said you can even use there down load to be able to just print it out on your own but book style. Hope that helps. Let me know, I plan on doing it hard cover Jan 09. Kelli

Janice {Run Far} said...

My name is Janice and I am also Very addicted to Reality TV.

I think it freaking rocks that you and Brett have your own little comp, to see who can eat the most junk food before the weigh in.

Love the same Idols, I love love love Brooke, and not just cause she is mormon and same with David A, they are both just really good singers.

Ok and Bachelor, I am almost to emmbaressed to admit that I am super excited to have it start up again. It is so gay, cheesy and stupid, but I LOVE IT.

GO BIG BROTHER!

Big hugs, thanks for the best post ever....